Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were like me, and had the impression that grey horses were long gone, I've got good news for you.

Last week I checked for them on www.EagleGames.net, and like always they were out. But then I noticed the 'Boxed Miniatures' section under Product Catalog, and found this item:

Horses: EGL103
List Price: $14.99
Our Price: $9.99
Sale Price: $2.99
You Save $12.00!

I figured they had to be the same horses that you can only buy in black and brown under the NiE listings, and decided to buy a box to test that theory. They just arrived today, and bingo - same horses. 1 sprue each of black, brown and grey. And you get all three for a penny less than if you ordered one sprue by itself.

Assuming I'm not the only guy that wanted some grey horses and thought they had become a rarity, I figured I'd better share this. Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do buy those horses, you should take a look at the 'Ding and Dent' listings. They've got the computer game version of War! Age of Imperialism for 99 cents, the computer version of Puerto Rico for $2.99, etc. Might as well get the most out of the price you pay for postage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blushblushblush

Oops. I really thought there were people out there looking for these, but it appears it was just me after all. Sorry.

blushblushblush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris hutchinson
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm looking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
blushblushblush

Oops. I really thought there were people out there looking for these, but it appears it was just me after all. Sorry.

blushblushblush

Well, I went and bought a set of them after reading your post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...not at all...thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. As for me, I am looking for WHITE Horses (NiE), PURPLE MILITARY units (Sid Meier's Civ 2ndEd), and TWO (that's [2]) ORANGE sprues of "Conquest of the Empire II" units.

I also check fanatically on Eagle Games website, glad I'm not the only OCD gamer here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.