Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Bailey
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not quite sure where this one belongs, so I'll put it here. We started to play Mutant Chronicles again. We haven't played it in a long time. I was bored, so I decided to start painting my figures. Here they are, so far...

The two British dudes.

The two American dudes.

And.....

One of my favorite gaming pieces ever.....

May I present to you....

Mr. Ez E Ghoul.....Coming to kick your rear...

He so happy....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Bailey
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would post these elsewhere, but it seems that elsewhere is sitting in limbo right now....

And this is one of the reasons why I like my games with tons of plastic. How the hell can you pimp a little wooden cube? Golly, I can paint it a different color....Wow.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great!
I would really recommend you to give washing/shading a go though...
it adds so much definition to all the little details!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Dip.

(Brush on a coat of Minwax Polyshades with a disposable brush. Darkest color you can find. Possibly follow up with a spray of Testor's Dullcoat if you hate the gloss of the Polyshades.)

The Polyshades color goes straight to the crevices giving you shading. The polyurethane coats the outside of the figure so the color will survive handling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Bailey
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jtspecial wrote:
Looks great!
I would really recommend you to give washing/shading a go though...
it adds so much definition to all the little details!

I think when I get done with the other teams, I will end up doing a wash. You're right, it does enhance the figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(funnier in person)
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikoyan wrote:
I would post these elsewhere, but it seems that elsewhere is sitting in limbo right now....

And this is one of the reasons why I like my games with tons of plastic. How the hell can you pimp a little wooden cube? Golly, I can paint it a different color....Wow.....

You pimp Eurogames by making them like AT games. Replace the meaningless cubes with objects that actually convey their intended meaning. Take Agricola, Substitute ceramic carrots for the orange disks, and on and on, until you have a lot of colored disks sitting somewhere in your closet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
YearoftheCat wrote:
You pimp Eurogames by making them like AT games. Replace the meaningless cubes with objects that actually convey their intended meaning. Take Agricola, Substitute ceramic carrots for the orange disks, and on and on, until you have a lot of colored disks sitting somewhere in your closet.

I agree, but still don't. As I was surprised by this opinion of mine, let me elaborate.

Pimping, say, Agricola or Catan isn't to make them look like AT games, really (here "AT" means games like Mutant Chronicles or Space Hulk). There is a small yet important difference between the 'chrome' style, I think. Pimping euros usually mean improving the components by replacing cubes with pawns, but the gritty realistic detail of a Citadel Miniature farmer would look completely out of place in Agricola or Carcassonne. I feel euros still need their markers to be symbolic. But maybe that's just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.