Jack Defevers
United States
Fort Thomas
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me start by saying that I don't have an axe to grind here, either for or against any game system. This is strictly a comment on the way certain items are handled on BGG. (Nine times out of ten, when someone says they don't have an axe to grind, they then immediately proceed to axe grinding; this is one of those tenth times.)

I have noticed that the army books for AT-43 Initiation Set: Operation Damocles are all handled as separate items in the database:

AT-43 Army Book: U.N.A.
AT-43 Army Book: Red Blok
AT-43 Army Book: Therians
AT-43 Army Book: Karmans

Conversely, the army books (or "codexes") for Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 (fifth edition) are not included in the database. I am baffled as to why one set of army books would be included and the others not. The books are direct equivalents to each other. They serve literally identical purposes within their respective game systems. They should, therefore, be treated the same way. (In my opinion, by the way, the best solution would be to include all of them.)

I'm curious whether there's a rationale for this, or if it's some kind of historical artifact. (If this has been discussed before, I missed it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric M. Aldrich I
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually they are in the database, but they have generic entries.

Warhammer Armies: Army Books
Warhammer 40,000 Codex

As to why they have generic entries, I don't know. I suspect it's because CCGs and Miniatures are not the focus of the site and it's never been truly determined how best to handle them. So we've just muddled along....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
My guess would be that it has something to do with the fact that WH 40k books are constantly being updated with new editions, and they don't want to have 5 entries for "Ork Army book"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.