Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
107 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: What's everybody got against Zeus? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: nice_tag [+] [View All]
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe in Zeus and I challenge anyone to prove he doesn't exist.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The beauty of quozi is that I honestly have no idea whether or not you actually believe in the Zeus of Greek mythology (other than as a fictional character in stories), whether or not this post is completely tongue in cheek or whether or not you think the notion of disproving claims about God is even a reasonable approach.

Don't ever change.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
I believe in Zeus and I challenge anyone to prove he doesn't exist.



Not me, I'm content to let you believe whatever you wish and I'm not even willing to say you are wrong. Big reality, full of strange things.

Peace, brother.

cool
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've cursed him hundreds of times, and I've not been smitten by lightning yet. When someone offends Zeus, he's supposed to smite him!
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
I've cursed him hundreds of times, and I've not been smitten by lightning yet. When someone offends Zeus, he's supposed to smite him!


He's gotten mellow in his advanced years. Besides, smiting mortals loses it's allure. Becomes quite ho-hum after a bit.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I challenge you to prove he exists.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
The beauty of quozi is that I honestly have no idea whether or not you actually believe in the Zeus of Greek mythology (other than as a fictional character in stories), whether or not this post is completely tongue in cheek or whether or not you think the notion of disproving claims about God is even a reasonable approach.

Don't ever change.


I work in mysterious ways.

Thanks!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HeinzGuderian wrote:
I challenge you to prove he exists.


Will the volumes of evidence be enough for you?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to disappoint you dude, but Zeus is dead. All the respectable Cretans know this.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
Gender: pot*ato. My opinion is an opinion.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
hibikir wrote:
I've cursed him hundreds of times, and I've not been smitten by lightning yet. When someone offends Zeus, he's supposed to smite him!


He's gotten mellow in his advanced years. Besides, smiting mortals loses it's allure. Becomes quite ho-hum after a bit.

Smiting mortals is just a metaphor.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
True. Anyone who is familiar with the Greek myths knows what Zeus's favorite sort of recreation was.

But the ladies do find him oh so electrifying...

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quozl wrote:
HeinzGuderian wrote:
I challenge you to prove he exists.


Will the volumes of evidence be enough for you?


No. I'm a bigot that somehow decided that life was too shinny and beatiful and decided to play the killjoy during the rest of my life on the basis of my irrational and unfounded belief that no supernatural being can exist, ever. So doesn't matter what you say, I'm not going to listen. Muahahaha what a bastard am I.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HeinzGuderian wrote:
quozl wrote:
HeinzGuderian wrote:
I challenge you to prove he exists.


Will the volumes of evidence be enough for you?


No. I'm a bigot that somehow decided that life was too shinny and beatiful and decided to play the killjoy during the rest of my life on the basis of my irrational and unfounded belief that no supernatural being can exist, ever. So doesn't matter what you say, I'm not going to listen. Muahahaha what a bastard am I.


Damn!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hogan
United States
zimmerman
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
I've cursed him hundreds of times, and I've not been smitten by lightning yet. When someone offends Zeus, he's supposed to smite him!


Are you having sex with humans? I hear he kinda likes that.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Latria wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you dude, but Zeus is dead. All the respectable Cretans know this.


I guess the proper response would be "All Cretans are liars" but I haven't even met a Cretan and I actually like playing Crete in games of Civilization so I will refrain.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
Latria wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you dude, but Zeus is dead. All the respectable Cretans know this.


I guess the proper response would be "All Cretans are liars" but I haven't even met a Cretan and I actually like playing Crete in games of Civilization so I will refrain.


That testimony that all cretans are liars ia stated by a cretan and hence paradoxical and hence invalid as compelling evidence.

However, I have Zeus' tomb in Crete as the physical, falsifiable SCIENTIFIC evidence. Suck it, Zeus may have existed, but no more.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
True. Anyone who is familiar with the Greek myths knows what Zeus's favorite sort of recreation was.

But the ladies do find him oh so electrifying...



Had a professor who always refered to him as "Zeus on the loose".

Good class.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Latria wrote:
That testimony that all cretans are liars ia stated by a cretan and hence paradoxical and hence invalid as compelling evidence.

However, I have Zeus' tomb in Crete as the physical, falsifiable SCIENTIFIC evidence. Suck it, Zeus may have existed, but no more.


But... the statement that all Cretans are liars was quoted in the Bible and the Bible is divinely inspired so your physical evidence goes against the Word of God. We all know that, as a Christian, you must put the Word of God above any physical evidence. Therefore, you must believe that all Cretans are liars and Zeus is not dead!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hogan
United States
zimmerman
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Latria, are you sure thats not Herakles' tomb? Close but no Zeus I might add.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Latria wrote:
quozl wrote:
Latria wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you dude, but Zeus is dead. All the respectable Cretans know this.


I guess the proper response would be "All Cretans are liars" but I haven't even met a Cretan and I actually like playing Crete in games of Civilization so I will refrain.


That testimony that all cretans are liars ia stated by a cretan and hence paradoxical and hence invalid as compelling evidence.

However, I have Zeus' tomb in Crete as the physical, falsifiable SCIENTIFIC evidence. Suck it, Zeus may have existed, but no more.


Elvis has a grave. I've been to Graceland. Seen it. But those of us who know the truth, know that this in itself is meaningless.

cool
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hogan
United States
zimmerman
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JonJacob wrote:
Whirlinghurly wrote:
hibikir wrote:
I've cursed him hundreds of times, and I've not been smitten by lightning yet. When someone offends Zeus, he's supposed to smite him!


Are you having sex with humans? I hear he kinda likes that.


But then his wife catches him and he turns into a Bull.

"NO no honey that wasn't me having sex with that alluring human female... she just likes Bulls for some reason. Man those humans are a weird bunch hey honey, don't you agree?"


Yeah, and don't forget about the golden shower episode. Those greeks I tell ya.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
hibikir wrote:
I've cursed him hundreds of times, and I've not been smitten by lightning yet. When someone offends Zeus, he's supposed to smite him!


I was once smitten with lightning. Our affair was electric. She really charged me up. I was struck by her beauty like a bolt out of the blue. Zap! She knocked me dead.

/any of these lightning puns doing anything for ya?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am about to release a new book entitled "The Olympus Code" that will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Zeus knew the current economic collapse was coming.
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
Gender: pot*ato. My opinion is an opinion.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
I am about to release a new book entitled "The Olympus Code" that will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Zeus knew the current economic collapse was coming.

We unicornial olympians maintain that only Appolo knows what is coming.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
hibikir wrote:
I've cursed him hundreds of times, and I've not been smitten by lightning yet. When someone offends Zeus, he's supposed to smite him!


I was once smitten with lightning. Our affair was electric. She really charged me up. I was struck by her beauty like a bolt out of the blue. Zap! She knocked me dead.

/any of these lightning puns doing anything for ya?


They are proof that there is no god.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.