Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
When I applied for the job that I have now at the University here, I had also applied for a management position for Montana Rail Link. Well I didn't get that one obviously, but today they called asking if I would come in and interview for another job--one of a train dispatcher. They said that they thought my mind for board gaming would fit in with the position. Oh and then they said it paid 60,000 a year...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
Oh and then they said it paid 60,000 a year...

Is that good for a train dispatcher? I have no idea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess i TRON
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good for playing board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
$60,000 for Ticket to Ride: Montana? Seems a bit steep to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Its definitely more than what I'm making now. Though I have to admit that I don't really know what the position does. Sounds like an air traffic controller for trains--which sounds like it could be daunting. If anyone has any input on the position I would be glad to hear it. I told them I was interested in learning about it. So their HR department is supposed to be contacting me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, no, no!!

The most important consideration is:

Will you be able to post on Chit Chat while you're dispatching trains?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
You need Train Dispatcher 3.5 laugh

Quote:
Train Dispatchers are the air traffic controllers of the railroads. They control the movement of trains over large track territories. This game simulates the gargantuan routing tasks a real-life dispatcher faces daily. The problem is that trains must share a limited number of tracks. In some cases a single track must be shared by trains going in opposite directions. It is the job of the dispatcher to control the movement of trains over this limited resource, which can create one bottleneck after another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
That salary does look a bit attractive, but is it enough to repay your sanity for dedicating your life to mentally completing Jr. High Level "word problems" like the 3:15 leaves Yuma eastbound at 25 mph, and the 4:20 leaves... ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
You could be the next Gomez Addams...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Tackleberry
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Railroad executive wrote:
I don't mind if my employees put in half days. They can work midnight to noon, or noon to midnight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.