Popular Tags: [View All]
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to remember I had the option to upload a picture from my computer or from the internet. I uploaded a picture from my computer, and now I want to upload a .pdf from the internet and I can't figure out how. If it helps, one of the .pdf files I'm trying to upload is

https://createpdf.adobe.com/cgi-pickup.pl/HEADs%20and%20TAIL...

I got the trial version of adobe .pdf and I'm really not sure how to do much. I uploaded two pictures that I now want here on the geek. Please help me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You upload a PDF to your gallery the same way you would upload a standard image file. Once the file is uploaded though it will display in your gallery only as jpeg image file. So multiple paged PDFs will probably only show one page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the process I'm going through. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong:

my geek > gallery > upload image >

and then it looks like my only option is to enter my username and password and then browse for an image on my local hard drive. I don't see how to upload an image from the internet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't upload from the internet here. You must download the file to your hard drive then reupload to your gallery. Be sure you have permission to do so, as the rules state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Try saving it to your desktop first, then loading it.

Re: jpgs showing in gallery - the same happens with gifs. If you load a gif with a transparent background, it'll display with a black background as a jpg in your gallery, but will show correctly as "original".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
blindspot wrote:
You can't upload from the internet here. You must download the file to your hard drive then reupload to your gallery. Be sure you have permission to do so, as the rules state.

Yes, it is mine, I drew it all myself. So I uploaded like you both said, but I did it as a .pdf. But then it would only show it in the small size. I changed it to .jpg format and it will show in original. That'll work I guess. Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.