Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to make sure I understand how you get actions by playing cards. Please check my reasoning on these concepts:

1) "Event Evens" requires the Season to be odd and the sum of the Season plus both Events to be even. That means the sum of just the 2 Events must be odd. (Odd + Odd = Even) Likewise, "Event Odds" requires the Season to be even and the sum of the Season plus both Events to be odd, which again means that the sum of just the 2 Events must be odd. (Even + Odd = Odd) So would it be true to say: "You get an action whenever you play on an Event Stack and the sum of the 2 Events is ODD -or- the 2 Events match each other." ?

2) In a similar vein, it's clear that you get an action when you play on the Season Stack and the Season stays the same -or- it changes, so would it be true to say simply: "You get an action whenever you play a card on the Season Stack." ?

3) Putting 1 and 2 together, would it be true to say that if the current sum of the 2 Events is ODD (or if the 2 Events match), then you get 2 actions for playing any valid card on the Season Stack? (One because you've played a Season, and the second because you've got either Event Evens, Event Odds, or Event Match.) Or are you limited to at most 1 action per card play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j clowdus
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Brad,

Good question (and analysis).

You only get one action for playing a card. If the card was placed on an Event Stack, if Event Evens, Odds, or Match occurs, the player gets the said action. If a player plays a card on the Season stack, he gets the action for keeping the season the same or changing it. You can't get Event actions for playing on the Season card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.