Subject: Getting a play test group in Southern Ontario? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just another person with a prototype that needs players to see where he went wrong

Anyways, I have a prototype of a trick-taking card game. Actually, there is 4 different trick taking cards, all using these cards I designed. The problem is I don't have anyone to help test it out and most of my family/friends aren't into board games.

Is there board game groups around here that I'm not aware? What is considered proper etiquette when trying to propose a playtest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkyX wrote:
Just another person with a prototype that needs players to see where he went wrong

Anyways, I have a prototype of a trick-taking card game. Actually, there is 4 different trick taking cards, all using these cards I designed. The problem is I don't have anyone to help test it out and most of my family/friends aren't into board games.

Is there board game groups around here that I'm not aware? What is considered proper etiquette when trying to propose a playtest?

Where in southern Ontario? If you're near Toronto, sign up at TABS (http://www.tabsonline.net). I'm sure there's more than a few people over there willing to help you out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:
MarkyX wrote:

Where in southern Ontario? If you're near Toronto, sign up at TABS (http://www.tabsonline.net). I'm sure there's more than a few people over there willing to help you out.

Thanks. I live in the Mississauga area and don't have a car, so it would be a bit hard to get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just joined that site, although I'm really confused. Apparently you need to register a game or something? I'm lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkyX wrote:
Just joined that site, although I'm really confused. Apparently you need to register a game or something? I'm lost.

Register a game? I'm afraid you've lost me...

TABS is a forum for gamers in and around the Toronto area. There are members in Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Newmarket, some as far out as Kitchen, Peterborough, and Lucknow, for example. I'm sure you'll find a few willing Mississauga area gamers to playtest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul and Abby from www.fungamescafe.com run a monthly family games day at the Meadowvale Community Church.

You can find both Paul and Abby here at:

Paul
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Abby
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm not sure about playtesting at those events, but you might find people there who would do it at a different time.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Wong
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody. Sorry for the 3 previous posts. I sent the bot to the wrong thread. I'll message the bot owner to see if she can delete them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.