Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Clark
United States
Clay
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can see that the game plays best with 5 people according to the poll. What is it that stops the 3 player game from being voted "best" as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
3 players LNOE is very good.
I suppose 5 is voted best because of the social experience and because some like "1 player = 1 character" better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly I prefer 3 or 4 players more than 5. Controlling one hero doesn't leave as many options per turn. I much prefer controlling 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Shipman
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
One of the things I like about this game is how well it scales. I've played from 2 to 6 players and all were a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 3-player and 5-player quite often, and both are quite fun! I tend to like 3-player a bit better, as the game tends to run smoother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the person who suggested the fun of one Zombie player and two heroes for each of the other two players. This way eliminates the problem of a player playing a hero who bungles their way into one wound left for 3/4 or more of the game and playing meekly. You have another hero to play if one of yours drops dead, so be bold.

Good for teaching newbies this way, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like any number that lets the Zombies be played by only one player. I strongly dislike any LNoE game that splits up the zombies...I think it saps a lot of the fun out of the game.

So 2 players is good....the human player controls 4 heroes.

And 3 is good...each human player controls 2 heroes.

And 5 is good...each human player controls 1 hero.

4 or 6 players? Not so much. We never play with 6 anymore, and if we must play with 4 we split it up differently than the rules suggest. The official method is to have the human players control 2 heroes each and then split the zombies between two players....instead, we keep one player in charge of all zombies and split the heroes up so that three players control them (one player gets two heroes, the other two players get one each).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The differences in gameplay based on player number are practically nonexistent. There are SLIGHT gameplay differences based on number of Heroes, and slightly more significant (but not really major) gameplay differences based on whether the zombies are played by one or two...

But, since it is a team game and full communication is allowed between members on a team, there is essentially no difference between having 1 person on your team or having 4 people on your team, aside from the social aspect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Brownell
United States
Twin Oaks
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redbeardin84 wrote:
I agree with the person who suggested the fun of one Zombie player and two heroes for each of the other two players. This way eliminates the problem of a player playing a hero who bungles their way into one wound left for 3/4 or more of the game and playing meekly. You have another hero to play if one of yours drops dead, so be bold.

Good for teaching newbies this way, too.

If your last (or only) hero dies, you get a replacement anyway.

It's not like you have to play meekly for fear of being out of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, but most of the time you don't want a Hero to die though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.