Subject: Activating raideirs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maciej Marczewski
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
Ok, quick question.

We have 3 raiders and 1 viper in the same location.The raiders are activated and the first raider destroys viper. What happens to the other 2 raiders? Are they advancing towards nearest civilian ships?

Or, we treat them like they shoot simultaneously and they don't advance to nearest civilian ships?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And to add on to this thread (newbie at the game here) - if there are no basestars present due to a jump that cleared them on a previous turn and you draw a crisis card that 'activates raiders' do you still activate them since there is no basestar or must a basestar be present to activate any cylon ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer DC wrote:
And to add on to this thread (newbie at the game here) - if there are no basestars present due to a jump that cleared them on a previous turn and you draw a crisis card that 'activates raiders' do you still activate them since there is no basestar or must a basestar be present to activate any cylon ship?

Basestars must be present. The only way that raiders or heavy raiders can be activated without the presence of a basestar is if you previously destroyed the basestar while those units were still on board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Dreadnaut.

It just seemed as though we were getting away with something each time since there has not been a basestar around for a few turns and we've had an 'activate raiders' card appear on those turns. Guess they can't find us right now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer DC wrote:
Thank you Dreadnaut.

It just seemed as though we were getting away with something each time since there has not been a basestar around for a few turns and we've had an 'activate raiders' card appear on those turns. Guess they can't find us right now

Thats exactly correct

If you have a basestar and no raiders, and you get a raider activate icon, you launch some from the basestar (assuming its not too damaged to launch).

So basically you will sometimes have jumps where nothing attacks you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer DC wrote:
must a basestar be present to activate any cylon ship?

Just to be absolutely clear the correct answer to the above is NO. You do not need a basestar to be present to activate cylon ships, unless the ship in question is a basestar. If there are no basestars then you can not launch any raiders or heavey raiders, which should be obvious since there are no basestars on the board. However if there are raiders or heavy raiders on the board they still activate in the absence of a basestar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if a basestar is destroyed but the raiders or heavy raiders remain, they may still take action? I believe that is what your clarification is saying Jon Ben.

I was mostly concerned that after a jump, there were no basestars and we kept getting an 'activate raider' icon for several turns. I thought we were getting away with something since we didn't have anyone chasing us for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea I'm certain everyone replying in the thread understood the distinction that was being made. I thought I would clarify the language for others who might get confused and think that you were talking about activating raiders in general, when you were really talking about launching raiders which is only one possible outcome of an activate raider icon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.