Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this game might have benefited from a little more time in development.

Only 30 minutes after opening the box, I've learned that the ACTION Deck contains cards that produce random EVENTS, while the EVENT Deck contains STRATEGY cards that let you take ACTIONS. Hoo-boy.

And the sequence of play has already contradicted the specific rules on how many Action cards each player is supposed to draw at the beginning of the turn.

At this point I'm almost tempted to put it away on the shelf and come back in six months when the living rules will have been hashed out :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Welker
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a clarification in the FAQ: add the word "two" before "each" on the Quick Start Card. The action card events are drawn as follows:

Initiative Player card 1
Non-Initiative Player card 1
Initiative Player card 2
Non-Initiative Player card 2

And only 0 or 1 reinforcement card can be drawn in the 2 cards a player draws, so they must keep drawing until they do NOT get a 2nd reinforcement to do the event on the card.

There isn't much else that is off-kilter, one graphics glitch, but other than that, we'll wait and see once 1500 gamers start playing a lot and asking the questions that are typical for CDGs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilhelm, it would be better if you tried the game before you decide to put it on the shelf! Most complex games like this come with a few errors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I do intend to try it. I'm actually less bothered by errors in the rules text (which can errata'd easily) then by the evidence that the developers did not take the time to reduce conceptual clutter in the physical components. I admit I'm finicky in this regard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Volpe
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rafial wrote:
Only 30 minutes after opening the box, I've learned that the ACTION Deck contains cards that produce random EVENTS, while the EVENT Deck contains STRATEGY cards that let you take ACTIONS. Hoo-boy. :/

This is not much of an issue. When I first read this I thought the card backs were switched. The deck referenced in the rules as the "Strategy" deck was printed as the "Event" deck. I'm guessing they misprinted the cards.

The more serious issue is the color variation on the cards. Since you'll need to use card sleeves anyway you can call each deck whatever you like.

rafial wrote:
And the sequence of play has already contradicted the specific rules on how many Action cards each player is supposed to draw at the beginning of the turn.:/

This is a minor error in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.