Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Recently I've seen a number of threads devoted to card sleeves for popular games. However, there seemed to be a confusing array of details to these threads, making it sound like there was 5 or 6 different sizes out there, and that one had to order stuff from Korea to satisfactorily sleeve many common euro games - except then I hear about people using some other product with a game that I thought had the exact same card size. I'm sitting here reading about two products that differ my 2mm and man, I just don't know up from down here.

Would some kind soul be able to summarize the different card sizes out there and the specialty products required to satisfactorily sleeve them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
What you're seeing there, Eddie, is exactly the state of things. There is no simple sure and quick answer to any of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Well. Can we just make a list in there? Every thread I've seen and I've never seen an actual list of sizes and sleeve options. Can someone point me towards a list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
Well. Can we just make a list in there? Every thread I've seen and I've never seen an actual list of sizes and sleeve options. Can someone point me towards a list?

Here's a post from Morganza that lists sleeve sizes (in mm) needed for some games. This was from changulee's thread (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/321980) last year for folks interested in ordering penny sleeves from the Korean web site you mentioned:

Morganza wrote:
Do remember that folks will be paying shipping twice -- once from Korea to Anthony, and once from Anthony to the final recipients.

45x70 -- Adel Verpflichtet, Amun-Re, Attika, Giganten,
46x70 -- Ticket to Ride, TransAmerica, El Grande, Goa, Medici, St. Petersburg
47x95 -- Power Grid (version?)
53x85 -- Kill Dr. Lucky
54x75 -- Acquire (edition?), Twilight Imperium
56x85 -- Settlers
58x90 -- Set, Solo, Union Pacific, Uno, 6 Nimmt!
60x95 -- San Juan,
61x95 -- Atlantic Star, Balloon Cup, Edel Stein & Reich, I'm the Boss, Kahuna, LoTR, Phase 10, Princes of Florence, Tichu...
64x65
65x90 -- Burn Rate, Gang of Four (edition?), Hera & Zeus, Sleuth
72x75 -- Power Grid (some versions -- maybe Funkenschlag?)
82x85 -- Jungle Speed France, Pack of Flies

68x125
72x125

I ordered the 4570s (for Louis XIV, Pecking Order), the 4670s (for Pillars of the Earth, Rosenkonig, Around the World in 80 Days, Aton), the 5890s (for Elfenland, Coloretto), the 6195s (Roma, Gang of Four, Victory & Honor, Flaschenteufel), and the 72120s (Lost Cities, Felix the Cat). I later ordered some of Mayday's new penny sleeves which were similar in size to the 6195s, and fit well on the cards from Dominion and Agricola. It was nice to see Mayday make available odd-sized sleeves here in the states to fit cards of that size. The only other sizes I know of available around here are Yugi-oh sized sleeves and your basic MtG sized sleeves...the Korean site is the only site I'm aware of that has the odder sleeve sizes available, but I'm far from an expert on the subject. And you'll probably need to know some one who speaks Korean to order from the web site.

Hope this helps somewhat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
It does. Thanks a ton. Indeed, I look at that list and am surprised to see some games that I thought had the same size cards actually don't.

Now, Mayfair is the only domestic source for sleeves, and they are backordered until the cows come home, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick King
United States
Duluth
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mayday Games is, and I think the backorder is only until April. I believe some retailers purchased from Mayday, so you may see them elsewhere.

Keep in mind that in the list above are the sleeve dimensions, not the card dimensions.

apotheos wrote:
It does. Thanks a ton. Indeed, I look at that list and am surprised to see some games that I thought had the same size cards actually don't.

Now, Mayfair is the only domestic source for sleeves, and they are backordered until the cows come home, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Qualls
United States
Indian Rocks Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
apotheos wrote:

I recently ordered these 92x59mm sleeves http://www.ccgarmory.com/eupecasl.html for my copy of Agricola. According to the site, these sleeves are sized for:

Agricola (350+ Cards), Balloon Cup, Battlelore, Blue Moon City, Dominion (500+ cards), Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, Dual In the Dark, For Sale, Jambo & Expansion, Kahuna, Knights of Charlemagne, La Havre, Lord Of The Rings & Expansions, Lord Of The Rings Trivia, LOTR Confrontation, Olympia 2000, Relationship Tightrope, San Juan, Starship of Catan, Stone Age, Taj Mahal and Top Race!

I can only attest that they do fit Agricola cards just right and they're decently priced. I'd recommend them to anyone too impatient to wait for Mayfair.

Edit: Re-reading the thread, I should mention these are Mayday brand sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
Tracking back from the info that otha62 provided (thanks!) I found that Morganza also started a GeekList of games, corresponding sleeve sizes, and card inventories here.

And here's the Mayday link for those interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Now, does anyone know anyone in Canada who is stocking these exotic sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Why
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Just thought I'd mention that I ordered a bunch of these 92mm by 59mm Mayday sleeves from www.germangames.com (link http://www.germangames.com/game.asp?gameID=1615)

They seem to have them in stock and they fit quite well for Dominion, Agricola, Citadels. Compared to the usual penny sleeves you get from your typical sports card store, they are just a bit thinner, but they do fit quite well.

They only have this size in stock, and they're CAD$1.95 for a pack of 100.

Hope this helps!

Tim
(another Edmontonian enjoying the break from record breaking temperatures)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik17 wrote:
Tracking back from the info that otha62 provided (thanks!) I found that Morganza also started a GeekList of games, corresponding sleeve sizes, and card inventories here.

Thanks for the tip, just what I needed! They are back ordered, but I put in a pre-order, in anticipation for a late march delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to let anyone reading this thread know, you can enter code "sleeves" at checkout on maydaygames.com for 15% off as a BGG forum reader/lurker/poster.

Also several people have posted "Mayfair Games" sleeves. These are not by Mayfair Games. Its Mayday Games

If you are looking for the Mayday sleeves outside the US you may check our authorized distributor list at:

http://maydaygames.com/index.php/authorized-distributors

There are several places in Canada stocking the sleeves and I believe some of them still have them in stock. The restock will be early April for these at this point and the next allocation is rapidly filling up, though we expect to keep them in stock for longer than last time. Of course they sold out within a week of release. Check your retailers and if any of them want to be added to the retailer list have them send an email to maydaygames@gmail.com.

Glad you are enjoying the sleeves, we anticipate expanding our sleeve line to other sizes after we have enough inventory on hand to keep these in stock for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juanlu Bermudez
Spain
Málaga
Málaga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
Glad you are enjoying the sleeves, we anticipate expanding our sleeve line to other sizes after we have enough inventory on hand to keep these in stock for a while.

Seth, is Mayday going to also produce small card sleeves (Shogun, Thurn & Taxis,...)? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are working on a sleeve to fit Arkham Horror and other FFG games now, it is for cards 2.5 inches by 1 5/8 inches. If you have other sizes you think would be popular please geekmail us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We started a geeklist for the smaller standard euro size that many games seem to use. These are around 68 MM X 45 MM give or take 2-3 MM. We are announcing the mini sleeve release shortly

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/41513

(Edited to include the link)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juanlu Bermudez
Spain
Málaga
Málaga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
We are announcing the mini sleeve release shortly

These are great news! Thanks once again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seth-

Any idea when the sleeves shown in the link below might ship?

Thanks

Erik17 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I've noticed today that some of the black is coming off the back of my Race for the Galaxy deck. I should have seen it coming what with all the flipping of cards...

These are just standard sized cards, right? Marching in to my local game shop and picking up any opaque backed sleeves will do me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
I've noticed today that some of the black is coming off the back of my Race for the Galaxy deck. I should have seen it coming what with all the flipping of cards...

These are just standard sized cards, right? Marching in to my local game shop and picking up any opaque backed sleeves will do me?

Yes, those are standard Poker sized cards. Pretty much any Magic or sportscard sleeves will fit on them. (which are about 90% of sleeves I've seen at brick and mortar stores.) Just quickly check that the sleeves aren't labeled "for use with Yu-Gi-Oh" as those are narrower and fit the smaller bridge size cards that many Japanese CCGs use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been meaning to get sleeves for my copy as well. I also need to rummage through my collection of old sleeves for sets of color matching sleeves for the phase selection cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.