Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Franke
Germany
Nuremberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there,
would it be OK to propose an image (uploaded by oneself) as representative image, if it was the only image available for the respective game and it has no rep. image yet?
Or would this be considered bad form?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You can't propose your own image. Except when it's the only one for the game.
So yes, it's clearly ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Guerini Rocco
Italy
Milano - ITALY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But how could you propose a representative image? I can't see any command available for this now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Franke
Germany
Nuremberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you browse an image gallery, there is a link labelled "[More...]" below each picture. If you click on it, the box expands and you see the link to "Propose Representative Image".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this new? I proposed images of my own - made for this purpose sometimes, because no good cover shot was in the database - and it was accepted. Where is the problem? It goes through the mod and that`s it. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duchamp wrote:
Is this new? I proposed images of my own - made for this purpose sometimes, because no good cover shot was in the database - and it was accepted. Where is the problem? It goes through the mod and that`s it. cool

This is indeed new, except in the circumstances discussed above if you try to propose your own image, you get a message telling you can't propose it. It seems quite silly to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I will have to ask a GeekBuddy then to do it for me.
Offer:
Anybody who faces this problem, may send me a PM, and I will propose his picture (if in any way better than the current one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Oh, you wily anarchist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels B.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep.... WHAT?! WHAT?! What?!
badge
The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
duchamp wrote:

This is indeed new, except in the circumstances discussed above if you try to propose your own image, you get a message telling you can't propose it. It seems quite silly to me.

I don't get it either. You don't get any GG proposing an image, and you don't get any GG, if your image is chosen as representative image. Geekmodders will sort out the unjustified proposals. What's the benefit of this new rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Schlupp wrote:
I don't get it either. You don't get any GG proposing an image, and you don't get any GG, if your image is chosen as representative image. Geekmodders will sort out the unjustified proposals. What's the benefit of this new rule?

I'm with you. I mentioned this exact same thing another time it came up.

Perhaps its all a clever way to get a few new accounts created. Upload image. Log out. Log in as User2. Propose.

Seems all sort of pointless to me. Let GeekMod separate the good proposals from the bad.

Theoretically the best picture will eventually be proposed by *somebody*, but for games that have very few owners and are relegated to obscurity this may take an enormous amount of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caesarbgg wrote:
Hello there,
would it be OK to propose an image (uploaded by oneself) as representative image, if it was the only image available for the respective game and it has no rep. image yet?
Or would this be considered bad form?

They had fixed it so that you could propose your own image as a representative image, if something didn't already have a representative image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digenvez
France
Quimper
Bretagne
flag msg tools
À jamais dans nos esprits...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Schlupp wrote:
The goal is to stabilize the representative image.

It can work for big, popular games. But for the other games, I agree with Dean. I've submitted images who can improve the actual representative one, for a bunch of games. But unless I do the nomination myself (or ask duchamp to do it ), some will never be nominated. Like this obscure french game, obscure even for french people...

And there is the problem of GeekMod for representative image, but that's another subject...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.