Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Mestemaker
United States
Wheeling
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend loaned this game to me because he thought I would find the English translation of the rules amusing/awkward. They were.

But, as a bonus, I also found it to be a fun game. So, I decided to attempt a rewrite of the rules. For now, I'm going to link to them and ask any of you that know this game to let me know what I screwed up or how I could have done a better job:

http://codenotes.oudknoei.net/codenotes/GameRules_Airlines.a...

After I've had a chance to proof-read them a couple times, I'll convert this to a PDF and post it in the files section.

One thing that the rules didn't mention but seemed like the type of thing that the designer might have intended was whether or not a single airline could claim more than one of the numbered circles on a specific route. In Ticket to Ride, double routes can not be claimed more than once by the same player. But this game doesn't have that rule. If anyone knows if that was something the designer intended, let me know and I'll add it to my re-write of the rules.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oudknoei wrote:
One thing that the rules didn't mention but seemed like the type of thing that the designer might have intended was whether or not a single airline could claim more than one of the numbered circles on a specific route. In Ticket to Ride, double routes can not be claimed more than once by the same player. But this game doesn't have that rule. If anyone knows if that was something the designer intended, let me know and I'll add it to my re-write of the rules.

Hello Mike, you might want to check out the rules for Union Pacific, which was a reimplementation of this game. The rules are quite clear that a railway (airline in this case) can only claim a route once. I suspect that is the designer's intent here too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mestemaker
United States
Wheeling
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Anthony. I tend to agree that's a fair way to handle that rule.

I'll be posting the PDF version of this today. The game's probably so far beyond it's prime that's it probably not that useful, but I needed good rules for myself anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hatchitt
United States
Norwalk
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Friends are enemies who have not attacked you yet...
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't count yourself down and out. I just obtained an unplayed copy and am damn glad someone re-did the rules. My hat is off to you man...

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.