Popular Tags: [View All]
Wim Leenaerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks very interesting to me but because of the 'extensive use of text' I already know it won't work with my not-really-English-orientated-game-group. Is there anything known of translations of this game? Preferably in Dutch...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angry Augury
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than what you'll find in the files section here, I don't know where to get any other translations. I actually need the rules in Japanese but can't get hold of them. The shops that did sell the game in Japan packaged them with a translation of the rules, but they said they don't give rules out separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Leenaerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could use the translations on BGG here but that takes away a bit of the beauty of a game for me. It's much nicer and it keeps you much better in the game if you can read the descriptions etc on the cards or board itself.

Perhaps what I should have asked was: are there talks or arrangements being made with 'foreign' publishers to translate and 're-publish' the game in other countries?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyatt Wood
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm definitely not in the know, but if any indication of the company itself would suggest not anytime soon. Flying Frog Productions is basically 2 brothers who just started selling their games and are working on more games and expansions to their current games. I would have to propose that they are more focused on being successful in English Speaking countries than to translate their game to languages that there may or may not be a demand for.

That being said, I haven't heard yet of anything on foreign companies hired out to make translations for their current games. If it does happen, you'll probably hear about it here first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Leenaerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems plausible.
Thanks for the info!
Guess I'll have to check out the English version somewhere then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.