Subject: Bamboleo vs. Bausack vs. Hamsterrolle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
If you had to choose between these three expensive dexterity games which would you choose and why or do you have another to recommend?

Poll
Which of these dexterity games would you choose?
Bamboleo $49.95
Bausack $41.95
Hamsterrolle $42.95
All (money is of no consequence)
None, I don't like any of them.
None, I'd choose another...
      30 answers
Poll created by kevintlee

I'm guessing that once I buy one I'd be disinclined to buy one of the others. Which would get played more in a large family setting? I would likely pull this out to draw in my non-gamer family members or during large parties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like all novelty games, I find the replayability is inversely proportional to the WOW factor.

That said, Hamsterrolle has the biggest wow factor but gets stale quicker. Bausack is the least impressive to see played, but will have the most humor and variety in play. Bamboleo is a middle ground between the two.

and yes you can own all 3 as these are the types of games you can only play a limited amount of (in the overall sense are all wow factor games with less replayability).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I haven't played Bamboleo. Both Bausack and Hamsterrolle involve dexterity and good judgment of balance. What Bausack offers that the others don't is appeal for artistic types. It's as much fun to make a beautiful or unusual tower as it is try to optimize for the game objective.

Bausack actually has instructions for four games using the pieces. That might help to keep it from getting stale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
morningstar wrote:
I haven't played Bamboleo. Both Bausack and Hamsterrolle involve dexterity and good judgment of balance. What Bausack offers that the others don't is appeal for artistic types. It's as much fun to make a beautiful or unusual tower as it is try to optimize for the game objective.

Bausack actually has instructions for four games using the pieces. That might help to keep it from getting stale.

Plus you get the opportunity to ask people if they'd like to play with your Bausack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Apparently nothing more is needed. Thank you very much for your help.

Bausack is the clear winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.