Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to subscribe to a geeklist? If you know of a way, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Sadly there is no way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could add it to your QuickBar and then manually monitor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... this would be a very VERY nice feature.

I didn't realize it didn't exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chockle wrote:
Is there a way to subscribe to a geeklist? If you know of a way, please let me know.

You can only subscribe to the ones you create.

If you are following a monthly-type geeklist (like new to you games, photo contests, etc.), you can request the author create a companion thread that you subscribe to and when they add a new list, they also post, which would notify you.

But as far as keeping a tab on geeklists that you run across, there is no way to subscribe to it. Besides the suggestion of adding a link to the Quickbar, the more appropriate thing to do is click on "Add favorite" when you are on the geeklist (located in the header where you can add items and comments). Then you can access those under "GeekLists -> Favorites" at the top of every page. That is how I keep on eye on my favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Grieshop
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
...the more appropriate thing to do is click on "Add favorite" when you are on the geeklist (located in the header where you can add items and comments). Then you can access those under "GeekLists -> Favorites" at the top of every page. That is how I keep on eye on my favorites.

Dang ding nabbit drat farking drib!

How long have I been here? And how long has it taken me to understand some of this stuff?

Wow. That's just awesome! Yay! I wish I'd realized this eons ago, back when the planet was covered in water...

Thanks!

Russell
(Who just realized what the quickbar was for, after how many years? What a noob!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

But as far as keeping a tab on geeklists that you run across, there is no way to subscribe to it. Besides the suggestion of adding a link to the Quickbar, the more appropriate thing to do is click on "Add favorite" when you are on the geeklist (located in the header where you can add items and comments). Then you can access those under "GeekLists -> Favorites" at the top of every page. That is how I keep on eye on my favorites.

Semi-useful, but nowhere near the same functionality.

Subscribing to GL's is something a very common request for a long, long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
keethrax wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Sorry, I am not advocating substitutes, just helping with an option while they work on it. I really don't understand why it can't be set up as I can subscribe to my own Lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
keethrax wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Sorry, I am not advocating substitutes, just helping with an option while they work on it. I really don't understand why it can't be set up as I can subscribe to my own Lists.

I know you weren't suggesting it as a replacement. And I apologize if my reply implied that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.