badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qlaqs wrote:
Hi

Yesterday we play a 4 player game. How are rules for basic map to build tracks:

A) You must build 1 big serpentine [allways connect to yours existing
tracks]
B) Just conect two City`s, or City to town for a complete link

The rust belt map doesn't have any specific requirement to keep your tracks continguous. Some maps do add this rule.

You must be able to trace any track you build back to a city using only links you own. In practice this means you can't start a new link out from a town that you aren't already connected to. Obviously if you already connect to a town following these rules, you can build out from that town somewhere new.
Quote:
There are 2 separate turns in Phase [Move Goods] or 1 in with i can deliver 2 goods ??

There are two turns played in turn order (with first move, if chosen going first each time through). On one of of them, you may upgrade your locomotive rather than ship a good.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Murphy
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there! Hopefully I can help you out.

As for building track, at the start of a game your first track must always originate from a city. In future turns, additional track must also ultimately connect to a city through your track, though it needn't all be a part of one system. That is, you could have track laid between cities on the eastern side of the board and later build track connecting to a city on the western side, even though it doesn't connect to your previous track.

When it comes to the Move Goods phase, every player (in turn order - keeping in mind if someone chose the First Move ability) gets a chance to move one good through as many links as their locomotive level allows (or, instead, increase their locomotive level). Then, all players, in order, get to move another good (or increase locomotive, if they didn't in the previous move good chance.)

I hope this helps clarify things.

edit: and I see Bruce answered while I was being verbose!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
The rust belt map doesn't have any specific requirement to keep your tracks continguous. Some maps do add this rule.

Of course variant rules are not strictly dependant upon specific maps. Feel free to play any map with the rules you like!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
However be aware that most maps will have been carefully balanced to work with particular rules and by changing then you could end up with a considerably less good experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
However be aware that most maps will have been carefully balanced to work with particular rules and by changing then you could end up with a considerably less good experience.

Haven't experienced any problems during the last 7 years!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Haven't experienced any problems during the last 7 years!

Yep, Mik's special 'Loki' rules are the stuff of legend. Playing the Germany expansion map with the Italian expansion special tiles and using the French expansion rules makes for an interesting experience. Since you also have to toss back a boilermaker every time you move a Goods cube, coherent session reports are hard to come by.

Hang in there, Mik! Beserkers have it tough...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Rainer
Canada
Nanaimo
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
When i move goods do i need lvl 3 [2 links i have and use 1 another player] or must have locomotive lvl 3 and just using his track to travel and pay him 1$ for that?

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking if you need a locomotive level 3 to move a good over two of your track links and one link of an opponent, or do you only have to have locomotive level 2, and how is the money paid.

The answer is that you must have a locomotive level equal to the total number of links the good travels, regardless of who owns the track; in this case you must have level 3. The owner of each link used gains one INCOME, not $1. So if you ship a cube over two of your track and one of opponent,s track, you get two income levels and he gets one. If you ship that cube over a different route which uses one link of yours, one of opponent A, and one of opponent B, each of you get one income on the income track. There is no money paid to anyone, only income levels adjusted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.