JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have only started playing Carc, my base game rules say farm supplied Cities are worth 3 points apiece. My just bought Traders and Builders say that a pig and farmer supplied City is worth 5 points instead of the normal 4.
Is this a typo?
Should it be 4 points instead of 3?
Or 5 points instead of 3?
Or am I just screwed up because we bought the second expansion and not the first and missed something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are "messed up" because of the change in editions. Most cool people have been playing the German 3rd edition for a long time which not only changed the points but also how farms are scored. Only just recently did Rio Grande games switch to the 3rd edition rules from the orignal 1st edition rules. It became necessary after too many of the expansions mad eit difficult to readjust to the 1st edition in English.

Sounds like you get a mix and match of ruled sets.

Under 3rd edition, farms are scored "farm-by-farm" and after majority is determined, each city scores 3 points to that farm. The pig in that field makes each city worth 4 points. (And the pig farm from River II is cummulative so you could get up to 5 points per city).

Under 1st edition, you scored farms "city-by-city" with each city granting 4 points for the farmer that controlled the most surrounding farms. The pig would give you the 5th point per city (and the pig farm teh 6th) if you played with these rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.