Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Dudschus
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say at the beginning of the game you have 2 fires start and you have drawn the the timed event for the heat track the cube would be on the 2nd box. If you put out a fires does it lower the heat track at all or can you only lower it by fixing the reacter room. also does it lower all the way back to the first box. If you put out the fires do you still have to fix the reacter room to drop the heat track that was moved up by the fires.

also what if you are 3 spaces from zero and you draw a timed event do you just move it to zero or do you ignore it since there are not 10 min left. Love the game by the way.

oops, played this wrong when a fire starts you move the green track up not the red right. I was calling it the heat track I guess it the asphyxiation track, the green on right. same ? still apply though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rybak
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off--the heat (red) track only advances with the Reactor Warmup and Reactor Malfunction events. When a fire starts or spreads you advance the oxygen (green) track by one. Putting out a fire does not lower the oxygen track, you must do a fix-it action in the pump room.

The Reactor timed event is placed 10 minutes (10 spaces down the time track on the edge) from the event star for which the event card was drawn (so if it was drawn at the 54 minute space you would place the marker with the Reactor lightning bolt on the 44 minute space). You have until everyone crosses that point to fix the Reactor or else the game is lost. If the Reactor is fixed before that you remove the timer marker and also reduce the heat track moving it to the left until you come to a star (if it was on the second star--in the middle--you move it back to the starting position).

Hope that clarifies things,
T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little confused because there is no "timed event" for the heat track.

But you can only lower the heat by fixing the Reactor Room (room 4). It would reduce to the next lowest star on the heat track.

Fire does not affect the Red heat track (we made the same mistake at first, silly us for thinking fire was hot). The fire only affects the Green asphixiation track. Tthe asphixiation track is only fixed by going to the pump rooms (room 2). Putting out fires does not reduce the track. And you can still have fires on board but fix the asphixiation track down to 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Dudschus
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
excellent, sorry for the confusion in my questions, so if you do a fix action in the pump room, does it get ride of one box or more. say there are 3 fires does one fix action lower the asphix track down to zero or to the second box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You lower to the next star on the track. So if you are in space 2-5, you go back to space 1 (first star). If you are in space 6-9, go back to space 5 (second star). If you are in space 10, the game is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Dudschus
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool thanks I was reading in another rule thread and i believe its in the FAQ it sounds like you can move a 6-9 space back to 5 and fix again to move it back to 1 space if another event has not moved it up to 6 form the 5 space before you can fix it again, ugh..... mind bender do you play this rule this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaintsnSoldiers wrote:
cool thanks I was reading in another rule thread and i believe its in the FAQ it sounds like you can move a 6-9 space back to 5 and fix again to move it back to 1 space if another event has not moved it up to 6 form the 5 space before you can fix it again, ugh..... mind bender do you play this rule this way.

Yes, this is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.