Caesar Noriega

Parlin
New Jersey
msg tools
mb
The robot has been taking the consumption equal too or x2 it's economy and when it's done I've been bumping it one up on the economy chart. My question is after the Robot consumes and gets it's VP equal or x2 it's economy is it suppose to reset back to its starting position on the scale(0 or 1) and then move up from there or move up from its original space(before consumption take place)on the economy track?

Hopefully this makes sense..... I'm hoping I've been playing wrong because this Robot is evaporating all of the VP because of the way I've been playing.

ps. To simplify, does the Robot ever go back on the economy track throughout the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
CAESAR 111 wrote:

ps. To simplify, does the Robot ever go back on the economy track throughout the game?

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Expanding on Octavian's answer:

No, it just keeps kicking your ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caesar Noriega

Parlin
New Jersey
msg tools
mb
Oh dear....... I'm getting destroyed on easy! There is no way I'm this bad. I don't get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CAESAR 111 wrote:
Oh dear....... I'm getting destroyed on easy! There is no way I'm this bad. I don't get it.

The best advice I can give you is to stop playing Race For The Galaxy when playing against the Robot. That won't get you anything but beat. I really, really enjoy the solo game, but you have to play completely differently when you are up against an opponent that can consume without production.

Getting the highest score possible given the cards you see is often a bad idea, because the Robot will simply beat you. Limiting the Robot's opportunity to score and ending the game at the most prudent time are more important.

The best thing that the Solo vs. The Robot experience (I'm currently "running the gauntlet") does is to make you intimately familiar with the cards and interactions present in the game. THAT is what makes you a better RftG player when faced with real opponents.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
As Tim says, playing the robot isn't about finding cool synergies and combos. It is about finding a small advantage and then hammering it as fast as possible to beat the robot into submission before it has the chance to do the same to you.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caesar Noriega

Parlin
New Jersey
msg tools
mb
Hmmm.... I see. Well, believe it or not I was enjoying the solo game regardless, but continually getting stomped out by the robot will eventually get annoying. I will start playing this game and stop letting this game play me. Thanks for the replies gentleman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
As Tim says, playing the robot isn't about finding cool synergies and combos. It is about finding a small advantage and then hammering it as fast as possible to beat the robot into submission before it has the chance to do the same to you.

But this is also a good way to play Race for the Galaxy, so Tim's statement about "stop playing Race for the Galaxy" amuses me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.