Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Zooloretto in about six months. No real reason why. I enjoy the game a lot. However, my tastes in gaming have grown a lot in sixth months and a constant influx of new games has caused me to neglect this game. Zooloretto is one of my fiancée's favorite games, and we used to play it quite often. I even bought her Aquaretto for Christmas, but we still haven't played it.

This afternoon she decided that she needed to play Zooloretto. We scanned the instructions quickly to remember the basic rules. We then set up our game and got started.

In the past, I found this game to be pretty light on strategy and not too competitive. This time, I decided to try an ultra-competitive angle to my strategy. Every time my fiancée put something on a truck that I know she needed, I would either take that truck or fill it up with animals she didn't need or want. I sabotaged as many trucks as possible to make them worthless. I focused all my energy on getting as many animals in her barn as possible, thus costing her a lot of points in the end. On several rounds she threw out a profane word or two, but she never grew too frustrated to quit.

My fiancée's strategy was different. She realized what I was doing and just focused on getting as many animals as possible. She then used her money actions late in the game to shuffle the animals out of the barn and get them where they needed to be. In the end, she won by four points.

The opportunity for heavy strategy in this game is lacking, but there is more strategy than I first thought. I saw it as a light-hearted filler of a game, but I think there is more there. It's not my favorite game, but I think it deserves more plays than once every six months. I think it may now be time to break out the Aquaretto.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.