Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Wallace
United States
Decatur
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not been able to find anywhere to play this wonderful game online....are any of you aware of such a place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran a PBEM game a few years ago. I think it was working pretty well, though I don't recall if it ever finished or not. I'm pretty sure there is a Vassal module for Kremlin available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.vassalengine.org/community/index.php?option=com_v...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Wallace
United States
Decatur
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks guys. I only have a peripheral familiarity with VASSAL & how it works, so I guess I have some studying to do...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prometheus68 wrote:
Ok, thanks guys. I only have a peripheral familiarity with VASSAL & how it works, so I guess I have some studying to do...

I have only used VASSAL for a couple different games and there was certainly a learning curve involved. Also, I used it for tournaments (finding players is another issue) -- by obligating myself it provided the extra incentive to follow through. If you want someone else to suffer through with you, I volunteer to try Kremlin via Vassal -- GeekMail me. However, it is a minimum of three players so we will need to find at least one other player.

It has been a looong time since I have gotten Kremlin to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Wallace
United States
Decatur
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Understood. Thanks for the explanation.

I did play around with VASSAL some & I do wonder about a common scenario in Kremlin.

Player A - "I'm gonna purge Nogoodnik".

Player B - "Um, no. I'll put 7 on the KGB Head & purge Wasolin instead".

Player C - "No. I'll put 8 on the KGB Head & pass instead".
and so on...

In between all these actions I'm guessing the file needs to be circulated amongst all players, right? If so, how do you decide who gets the last chance before the die is rolled?

It seems like the purge phase could take quite awhile, right? What takes a few minutes FTF could take a week this way, if I'm understanding correctly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.