Subject: Actual Play Time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My usual question- How long is actual play time and # players?
Tnx
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Gould
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
It's tough to figure out actual play time, because that can depend on the group. If it's a group that doesn't mind some AP because they all do it, a 90-minute game can drag on to two and a half hours or more. On the other hand, a group that all know the game and like to play with hustle can probably finish up in as little as 45 minutes.

My groups (who don't like to over-analyze) can play a 3-4 player game of Jet Set in just over an hour.

I have heard that there are players who just plough through the Short Flight deck, hitting Vacation Time as soon as possible. That may not be the best way to play, pointwise, but it would shorten the game dramatically. Some even say that this is the winning strategy. I'd like to play some of these people and find out. I think I could win by snagging one or two 7-point cards that they don't bother with. But maybe not. It would be interesting to try.

Anyway, back to your question. The short answer is that there is no short answer. A longer (but more helpful) answer would be that 90 minutes seems to be about the average game length for a 4-player game, especially if it is your first time. It can be longer or shorter depending on the group. And you can expect a 5- or 6-player game to be longer, and a 2-player game to be shorter.

I think the box text declaring it to be 90 - 120 minutes is a bit longer than it usually plays.

... Any other experiences re: game length?

- Kris Gould
Wattsalpoag Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subhan Michael Tindall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played today 2x. We played a 4 player & a 6 player, with rules explanation each time, & finished in 4 hours total. This is now my favorite 6P game, I'd expect 90 - 120 minutes would be a good guess for 6P.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played 4-player tonight, all first-timers but experienced gamers. I think it ran about 2.5 hours; however our speed steadily increased as we got the hang of things. I think if the same four of us played it again, we'd be done in 90 minutes.

Great game! (BTW, Kris, please check your email -- my copy's the one that had a damaged card in it. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Gould
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Opps, sorry. I'll get that to you ASAP.

- Kris Gould
Wattsalpoag Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.