Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Gustav Adolf the Great: With God and Victorious Arms» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If an out-of-command unit is Formation Broken, can it reform rather than move (if allowed by Orders) on the basis that this will allow it to move back into command on a subsequent Activation?

2. If a two-hex HI unit is performing Rout movement and there is a one-hex gap, can it move through the gap sideways? This is what would happen in real life, but it would mean that one half of the unit would probably not expend its full movement allowance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
1. If an out-of-command unit is Formation Broken, can it reform rather than move (if allowed by Orders) on the basis that this will allow it to move back into command on a subsequent Activation?

See the last bullet under 5.4 in the series rules. The unit can reform only via the Army Commander.

Quote:
2. If a two-hex HI unit is performing Rout movement and there is a one-hex gap, can it move through the gap sideways? This is what would happen in real life, but it would mean that one half of the unit would probably not expend its full movement allowance.

Dunno. I'm surprised the rules don't specify. I would say that the unit moves through the gap. It's not really even "sideways," since at that point the unit is basically a panicked mob - the facing of the chit doesn't reflect any kind of actual order in the unit. You should ask this on CSW if Ben doesn't pop in here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
I asked about double-width Routing on Consimworld; Ben said units can rout sideways (snake) towards their board edge if necessary.

Interestingly, this is not allowed in the GBoH series from which some portion of the Musket and Pike rules have been derived.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
See the last bullet under 5.4 in the series rules. The unit can reform only via the Army Commander.


You're right. Ah well, only a minor rule violation (I was playing that they could recover formation).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.