Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie» Forums » General

Subject: Heroscape roads rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Weckermann
Canada
Powell River
British Coumbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Having difficulty finding rules about road in heroscape and how they work. Can any one let me know where a link is or explain it to me. I do believe if your unit must start on a all road hex, that is the only time you get the + 3 movement bonus, but do not know what happens if you leave the road or how far off the road you can move after starting on the road.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If your character starts, stays on, and ends its movement on the road it can 3 more movement.
6 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to move the whole thing on a road to get the bonus.
5 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Benham
United States
Inver Grove Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you start on a road hex and never touch a hex that isn't a road you get +3 to your total movement and can move along the road 8 spaces with a 5-move figure. Otherwise you get no bonus and move as normally.

I also believe that special abilities (like the Deathreaver`s Scatter and Isamu's Vanish) that allow you to move outside of your normal movement do *not* get the road bonus when moving with those abilities.
4 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaPirateAssassin wrote:

I also believe that special abilities (like the Deathreaver`s Scatter and Isamu's Vanish) that allow you to move outside of your normal movement do *not* get the road bonus when moving with those abilities.


That is correct. Special attacks or movements don't get bonuses ever.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup!
All the guys are right!
But you don´t have to just take our word for it... Here´s a link to the Road to the Forgotten Forrest rulebook on Heroscapers.com

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/downloads.php?do=file&i...

Download and print at your convenience!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think flying figures should get the bonus, but adding exceptions in just makes the game more complicated. Cuz, just like potato chips, you can't stop after just one!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
I don't think flying figures should get the bonus, but adding exceptions in just makes the game more complicated. Cuz, just like potato chips, you can't stop after just one!


Flyers only get it if they walk.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jormi_Boced wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
I don't think flying figures should get the bonus, but adding exceptions in just makes the game more complicated. Cuz, just like potato chips, you can't stop after just one!


Flyers only get it if they walk.


I kind of figured, but also thought that they then should get a penalty for walking as I would think any flying character could move faster through the air then on the ground.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Jormi_Boced wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
I don't think flying figures should get the bonus, but adding exceptions in just makes the game more complicated. Cuz, just like potato chips, you can't stop after just one!


Flyers only get it if they walk.


I kind of figured, but also thought that they then should get a penalty for walking as I would think any flying character could move faster through the air then on the ground.


They do recieve a penalty in not being able to use their flying ability. The flying ability allows them to ignore elevation. That is what makes them faster. A lot of times it will still be better for a flyer to use its flight without the bonus movement on the road, but on a really flat map it will be easier for them to walk and can get more movement that way.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.