Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Cornelius
United States
Alabaster
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My niece and some of her friends were playing their first game of Talisman this past weekend. I noticed that they had been playing for over 4 hours and discovered that they may have been making the game harder than it needed to be.

In the rulebook it states:

The encounter instructions on each space in the Inner Region must be completed before a character can move towards the Crown of Command.

The way they were playing the Inner Region is that you has to complete each space in the Inner Region before you could enter the space in the middle. They were going around the Inner Region 1 1/2 times in order to get to the Valley of Fire and enter the Crown of Command space. I haven't played a complete game yet, but I am almost certain that that was wrong. I told them that the sentence just meant that you had to beat each space you encountered on your way to the Valley of Fire and you didn't have beat every space in the Inner Region. They kept reading the sentence and all agreed that they had to complete each space.

I gave up and finally after 6 1/2 hours someone finally reached the Crown of Command. I haven't had a chance to play the game myself, but please someone tell me I was right or I may not ever play. :cry:

They loved the game even though I think it took them way to long to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Longpre
United States
Wall Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, your interpretation is correct. One only has to travel up one side of the inner region to reach the Valley of Fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cornelius
United States
Alabaster
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Glenn. I was pretty certain that I was right, but it's hard to convince college kids when their minds are made up. :laugh:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye. Maybe explain to them that are 2 paths to the Valley of Fire. The Strength Path and the Craft Path. Strength turns right and must face Death along the way. Craft is to the left, and gets to meet the Vampires.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cornelius
United States
Alabaster
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I plan to play my first full game this weekend with some of my friends that I've recently introduced to gaming. I have a feeling that it's going to be a big hit. Especially if we play it the way it is suppose to be played. :laugh:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.