Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy!
I've recently been buying starter/booster boxes of out of print CCGs, and creating "fixed" decks (or just using preconstructed starters) for use in multi-player games with my game group. I played a demo of CoH at GenCon years ago and it seems like the game would be a good fit for my group.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding which products I should purchase for some simple, fun multi-player games of CoH? Would a box of Battle Packs give me a nice selection of pre-constructed mini-decks, or would I need to support those with some boosters?

Also, the Secret Origins expansion promotional material mentions a "giant robot that no hero can defeat alone". Is this a multi-player co-operative encounter similar to the World of Warcraft CCG raid decks, and if so, how would I obtain the cards needed to play this scenario?

Thanks much for any advice you can give!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Zinzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I demoed this game a few years ago and liked it, but I was really into WOW TCG at the time and my $$$ resources were going into that. However, I recently dug up my 2 battlepack 25-card decks that I purchased when I tried the game, replayed with a friend, loved it and had to have it only to find out it was OOP. I bought a "arena battle box" from the first set on ebay for $19, which included 22 ready to play, 25-card starter packs. You could make about 8-10 tournament style decks (40 cards) using the other battle packs as boosters, or you could, in fact have 22 quick start, easy to play decks with different heroes. I am pretty sure for your needs, you don't need the boosters.

Have fun!!

BTW, if you see the Secret Origins set sealed or open, new or used for a great or even good price, send me a message!

thanks,

Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
Boxer wrote:
BTW, if you see the Secret Origins set sealed or open, new or used for a great or even good price, send me a message!

Will do, and thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.