Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
Germany
Ulm
Ba-Wü
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

do bonuses like tactic cards or leaders like Ghengis Khan also count for colonization?

Thanks,
Michael1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules at hand, right now, but if I recall correctly:

- The bonus of a tactics card only counts if you sacrifice a complete army for the colonization. I.e. if you have a Medieval Army card, it's bonus counts once if you sacrifice (at least) one infantry and one cavalry (of the right age). If you sacrifice two infantry and two cavalry, you get the bonus twice, etc.

- Other bonuses to military power do not count for colonization.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brauerle wrote:
Hello,

do bonuses like tactic cards or leaders like Ghengis Khan also count for colonization?

Thanks,
Michael1

Good question - here's my take on it. (My comments refer to the third version of the game ie the Fred Dist 2nd Edition)

Tactics Cards
Your tactic card counts if you sacrifice all of the units that form part of an army. On page 16 of the rules under Tactics Cards there is a picture of a military set up. If the player sacrifices a Knight it just counts 2 strength. If however the Swordsmen and Knight are sacrificed, they are forming a Mediaeval Army and so the sacrifice is worth 2+2+2=6 strength ie the tactics card counts.

Just under the picture there is a yellow block that explains this principle:-

"When you sacrifice an entire army to pay for attack, defense, or Colonization, count the army's bonus as part of the strength of the sacrificed units."

Leaders, Wonders etc (Genghis Khan)
See the last page of the rules (P20) under Strength Bonuses.

Most strength bonuses apply to your entire civilization so you can't use them in a sacrifice. BUT Gengis Khan is an exception.

The rules say:-

"Gengis Khan, however, gives his bonuses to each Cavalry Unit, so they are considered to have a higher strength when you sacrifice them"

So the answer to your question is yes tactics cards do count, no Leader don't with the exception of GK.

Hope that helps
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Wilczynski
United States
New York
flag msg tools
This is true tactics cards add for colonization if you sacrifice the proper army requirements. Ghengis Khan adds for colonization because he increases the strength of each individual army not to the toatal army strength like other bonuses. Notice how the strength bonus on Ghengis Khans card is listed different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.