Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While having dinner with a couple of friends, one of them mentioned a game he had played recently. He was able to tell me everything about the game except for the name. Well, I figure you all should be able to fill in the blank, especially since my google-fu hasn't turned up anything.

Anyhow:

On your turn, you roll ten d6. Three sides have green faces, two are yellow and one is red. Dice that come up green are worth a point each and set aside. You can bail or push-your-luck and roll again. Yellow is worth nothing on its own but it allows you another go. If all of the rolled dice come up red you've busted and get nothing.

(Of course I don't remember what the win condition was, but it's probably first to N points.)

Thanks a heap, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Eve
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
That sounds quite interesting. I've not played this game, though the "push your luck or bank your winnings" element sounds to be much the same as is used in Can't Stop. (It's a different game no question, but similar mechanics.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Toss Up!.

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick search of games matching the "press your luck" + "dice" tags did not come up with any promising matches..

Even just searching the "press your luck" tag didnt" didn't find any matches..

Not much help other than to say it might not be on BGG (or if it is, it might not be tagged)..

EDIT: Well, there you go.. It just wasn't tagged.. I shall remedy this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:

Yep, this is it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my recent review.

The first line says, "press-your-luck dice game", and the second paragraph says, "The dice have three green sides, two yellow sides, and one red side." Too bad that it didn't turn up in a search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carey
United States
Mount Pleasant
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Here's my recent review.

The first line says, "press-your-luck dice game", and the second paragraph says, "The dice have three green sides, two yellow sides, and one red side." Too bad that it didn't turn up in a search.

Hindsight is 20/20, but use of the Google Site Search here on BGG for the words "red green yellow dice press luck" turned up an article on the game as its first result.

But I didn't realize until just now that you can't search the game DESCRIPTION on the Advanced Game Search. Wonder why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.