Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Slippers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I'm getting old.
My biggest simple joy right now is coming home after work and slipping on my slippers. Homey and comforting.

For awhile, I had trouble finding the perfect style.
First I got these:

They worked fine most of the time, but I had trouble keeping them on my feet as I went up and down the stairs.

So then I got the moccasin type:

I figured having backs would keep them on. But try as I might, the backs kept collapsing and I'd end up walking on them, and I was back to them flying off as I ascended the stairs.

So now I went in between and got the kind I didn't think would work, with the little half-back:

But they work great! They don't fly off my feet. So comfy.

There have been other missteps, too.
Crape soles didn't hold up. I need a hard sole so I can go out to get the newspaper in the morning, or take out the trash, or scuff around in my workshop without wearing them out prematurely.

And don't get me started on those damn slipper socks... couldn't get rid of those fast enough.

I have a meeting tonight after work, so I won't get my slippers on until after 9pm! Disappointing.

Add a bathrobe, a cup of coffee and the newpaper (with the Sunday inserts a day early), you got yourself heaven on a Saturday morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I hope they don't mean "killer" literally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:

I think they do. Clearly those boats are about to capsize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess i TRON
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now this is a good knock-off thread. It is just as useful (even more so!) as the original.

My favorite slippers ever were bumble bees, in college. They were fat and furry and had black vinyl wings that stuck out about 5" to either side. The wings hit against each other when I walked. They had little black string antennae and big googly eyes.
They don't make 'em like that anymore3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother in arms, I have faced the same slipper difficulties! For some time I had the moccasin-style ones, but the squashed heel was a constant annoyance, and they were treacherous on stairs. I was given a pair of cheap lime-green little-old-man slippers recently, and these are much more comfortable, though still problematic when visiting the second floor. They are also often the target of ridicule by my wife, and who could blame her.

I am now toying with the idea of securing my feet with cotton balls and duct tape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

We don't have any carpet and don't wear shoes in the house so slippers are essentail attire. I love this style of slipper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mama Rat
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always take my shoes off when I come home in the winter, because my shoes are always covered with snow and dirt. But then I spend the whole evening complaining about how cold my feet are. So for Christmas, Zedsdead got me these:

They're silky soft and super warm and all-around fabulous. Plus they're beige! Bliss.

Advice to all: keeping the SO's feet happy goes a long way toward keeping the SO happy. Zedsdead is one smart guy. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwiles wrote:
pdclose wrote:

I think they do. Clearly those boats are about to capsize.

Now THESE are killer slippers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
We will sing to you Doctor... the universe will sing you to your sleep.
mbmbmbmbmb

I've always been more of a bunny-slippers kind of gal...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm finally home at 9:45pm...
Ahhhh.... slippers on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.