Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Williams
United Kingdom
DROITWICH SPA
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well a few days off after the last op and we have an easier day ahead of us I reckon. We're off to Lille, a much shorter run so less chance of trouble.

Out over the east coast today with lots of friends buzzing round us and we're stuck slap bang in the middle of everything. I'm quite enjoying this. What the hell was that? The ball turret's been hit just as we are approaching the target and the gunner's heat's packed up. Sod it! We go through the flak without incident and let loose the bombs. They rain down and miss again. Comments fly on the intercom about Beavis, can't he hit anything?

We turn for the short run home and gradually lose height Away from the safety of our friends and feel oh so alone. Here comes trouble again, loads of 109s. A burst across the front of the plane and then come the messages. Micky Green's been hit, Viney the co-pilot will have to take over. The next wave of fighters comes in and Colin Povey the tail gunner is very busy. He hits one and down it goes but Col is wounded in the process.

We make it over the Channel when the next swarm attacks us. Bullets everywhere. The Navigator loses oxygen, good job he doesn't need it; engines, tailplane and rudder all take hits but nothing serious. None of your friends around when you need them most! We limp along hugging the wavetops as only a B-17 can. Thank God the coast's ahead.

At last back on the ground but Mick is dead, another of the original crew gone, just 6 of us left. Still no bomb hits but 7 fighters downed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For one reason or another, I have also found it difficult (except for one mission) to get any bombs on target. I have, however, flamed a few German fighters instead, four on the last mission alone.

Keep at it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.