Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nine corrected cards available in pdf format at the ZMAN site:

http://www.zmangames.com/boardgames/files/agricola/Agricola_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hammatt
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is cool. But I'd much rather the corrected cards be made available for a nominal price, so that I could get "real" corrected cards. I don't really want to print out the corrections and paste them onto my cards. Is that just me though ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick - someone prep these for Artscow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have my Agricola cards sleeved, so it's just a simple of matter of printing the corrections, cutting them and slipping them in front of the original cards.

Thanks for posting this!

For those interested in the differences:

175: Hedge Keeper: adds the words "up to" to clarify that you don't need to use all 3 additional fences you get.

286: Smallholder: Cleaned up the language to emphasize that the ability to hold 3 animals instead of 2 per small (1 square) pasture is NOT contingent upon having only 2 fields.

340: Rancher: Changed "farmyards" to "farmyard spaces" to avoid confusion.

206: Swineherd: Original card had entirely wrong text on it.

157: Thatcher: Changed "Holiday Home" to "Holiday House."

339: Pelts: Changed "you cannot use THESE food any more" to "you cannot use THIS food any more."

91: Ladder: Changed "Holiday Home" to "Holiday House"

58: Animal Yard: Added "(This card does not give you animals.)" to the card text.

21: Half-timbered House: Changed "havinh" to "having"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card no 63 is not included in the ZMAN zip file. You can use the one i posted here.

Unless the card changed again to "Once..." instead of "Twice..."! Can anyone confirm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
...they didn't fix the Moldboard Plow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb

I can't comment with any insider knowledge, but I do know that if the Moldboard Plow can only be used once, that it isn't worth ever using. The only way the card makes ANY sense whatsoever is if it can be used twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fa
Italy
Torino
flag msg tools
badge
Forza Vecchio Cuore Granata!
mbmbmbmbmb
Steviewevie wrote:
This is cool. But I'd much rather the corrected cards be made available for a nominal price, so that I could get "real" corrected cards. I don't really want to print out the corrections and paste them onto my cards. Is that just me though ?

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hammatt
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, any correction to Moldboard Plow was missing from Z-Man's newsletter which contained Agricola errata (the one linked from the Agricola BGG page). In fact this errata contained a "correction" to the Moldboard Plow text in the Appendix of the main rules, a correction which is actually wrong if we believe Moldboard Plow can be used twice.

So is it the case that Z-Man believes the Moldboard Plow can only be used once ?

I'm kinda confused cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night at exactly midnight I looked in a mirror and said Hanno's name 3 times. There was a lightning strike as I said it the third time and I thought I saw a figure behind me.

Maybe he'll show up and answer the Moldboard Plow question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steviewevie wrote:

I suspect that the next printing will contain these corrections. It is not feasible to do a print run on just a few cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hammatt
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wwscrispin wrote:
I suspect that the next printing will contain these corrections. It is not feasible to do a print run on just a few cards.

Well, the Z-deck isn't exactly big (and the L-deck was even smaller), and I would have thought there would be a reasonable amount of demand for reprinted and corrected cards, enough to justify production ? Perhaps I'm wrong though.

I'm sure you're right that the next print run will incorporate these corrections. It would be a shame if we have to buy a complete new set of all the cards or even a complete game (!) just to get the corrected cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steviewevie wrote:
wwscrispin wrote:

Well, the Z-deck isn't exactly big (and the L-deck was even smaller), and I would have thought there would be a reasonable amount of demand for reprinted and corrected cards, enough to justify production ? Perhaps I'm wrong though.

I'm sure you're right that the next print run will incorporate these corrections. It would be a shame if we have to buy a complete new set of all the cards or even a complete game (!) just to get the corrected cards.

Agreed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Digging through some past threads, I found that Melissa settled the moldboard plow question in this post. I trust Melissa's word on this, as she was the one in charge of translating the game from German to English for the Z-Man edition. So, the moldboard plow card is definitely wrong. The only remaining question is why Z-man didn't include a corrected version in his file of corrected cards. At any rate, you can download GeoMan's corrected version here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hammatt
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer wrote:
The only remaining question is why Z-man didn't include a corrected version in his file of corrected cards.

The only conclusion that I can come to is that Z-man believe their published errata is correct, i.e. that Moldboard Plow can be used only once.

Not wishing to be rude, but IMHO it doesn't really help to have this incorrect errata linked in a prominent position on the BGG page for Agricola, without any kind of note to point out that this errata is incorrect !

So if Z-man themselves came to BGG and looked at the Agricola page, their opinion that Moldboard Plow can only be used once would be confirmed ! cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also a card (Building Materials?) where the picture (top right) says you receive 1 wood or 1 clay, and the actual card text tells you it's 1 wood or 1 reed. I gather that's not had official errata either?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hammatt
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jambo wrote:
There's also a card (Building Materials?) where the picture (top right) says you receive 1 wood or 1 clay, and the actual card text tells you it's 1 wood or 1 reed. I gather that's not had official errata either?

My Building Material card (English) says that you receive either 1 Wood or 1 Clay, and the picture shows a log and some pieces of clay. So my card looks correct, is your card different ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steviewevie wrote:
My Building Material card (English) says that you receive either 1 Wood or 1 Clay, and the picture shows a log and some pieces of clay. So my card looks correct, is your card different ?

My mistake. Ignore previous comment! blush

Regarding the moldboard plow, having checked over all the plows, its requirements and abilities seem to me to be in line with all the rest of the plows. If it was "twice" it would be much better than all the other plows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb

Not true. If the Moldboard Plow can only be used once, then all it's really doing is allowing you to swap a 3Wood for a plowed field. Not much of a deal. If it's allowed twice (as it should be, and is), then you're swapping a 3Wood for two plowed fields. Better. Not great, but better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moldboard plow costs 2 wood on my card. Anyhow, compare it to the other plows. If it could be used twice it would be better for the cost. E.g.:

Moldboard Plow:
2 wood, 1 occ - can be used once to plow 2 for 1.

Crooked Plow: 3 wood, 1 occ - can be used once to plow 3 for 1.

Turnwrest Plow:
3 wood, 2 occ - can be used once to plow 3 for 1 (works with both plow action spaces).

Swing Plow: 3 wood, 3 occ - can be used twice for 3 for 1.

Riding Plow: 4 wood, 3 occ - can be used twice for 3 for 1 (works with both spaces).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jambo wrote:
Moldboard plow costs 2 wood on my card. Anyhow, compare it to the other plows. If it could be used twice it would be better for the cost. E.g.:

Moldboard Plow:
2 wood, 1 occ - can be used once to plow 2 for 1.

Crooked Plow: 3 wood, 1 occ - can be used once to plow 3 for 1.

Turnwrest Plow:
3 wood, 2 occ - can be used once to plow 3 for 1 (works with both plow action spaces).

Swing Plow: 3 wood, 3 occ - can be used twice for 3 for 1.

Riding Plow: 4 wood, 3 occ - can be used twice for 3 for 1 (works with both spaces).

Oops, sorry. That'll teach me to try to quote cards from memory that I haven't actually memorized yet. You are correct: the Moldboard Plow costs 2 wood, not 3. Regardless, it's my longtime understanding that the official errata states that it can be used twice. Swapping a 2Wood for a plowed field is a relatively poor trade; it's still essentially an action for an action. Permitting the Moldboard Plow to be used twice is what makes it worthwhile, as I've previously asserted; now you get two actions for the one invested in wood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hammatt
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
Regardless, it's my longtime understanding that the official errata states that it can be used twice. Swapping a 2Wood for a plowed field is a relatively poor trade; it's still essentially an action for an action. Permitting the Moldboard Plow to be used twice is what makes it worthwhile, as I've previously asserted; now you get two actions for the one invested in wood.

Unfortunately the "official" Z-man errata says that it can be used once, and does not correct the wording on the card which says the same.

Z-man's corrected cards also do not correct Moldboard Plow, leaving the card as saying that it can only be used once.

Melissa's posting confirms that it can actually be used twice.

The unofficial compendium also confirms that it can be used twice.

This is what I'm trying to highlight, even BGG's page on Agricola helps to confuse things by listing the Z-man errata (which is incorrect) as the first item in a list of handy Agricola links. Anyone new to Agricola will see nothing obvious to tell them there is an error in the Moldboard Plow wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:

Swapping a 2Wood for a plowed field is a relatively poor trade; it's still essentially an action for an action. Permitting the Moldboard Plow to be used twice is what makes it worthwhile, as I've previously asserted; now you get two actions for the one invested in wood.

I think the idea is that one might acquire the Moldboard Plow when you have 2 'spare' wood and are doing another action which allows a 'free' minor improvement. In that sense it might save an action.

Nevertheless, I do agree that the MP is not a good improvement and being able to use it twice would be much better. Having said that, if it were able to be used twice it might be perceived as being better than the other, more expensive, plows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hammatt
United Kingdom
Camberley
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jambo wrote:
Nevertheless, I do agree that the MP is not a good improvement and being able to use it twice would be much better. Having said that, if it were able to be used twice it might be perceived as being better than the other, more expensive, plows.

This is the sort of confusion that I'm referring to cry

Moldboard Plow *is* able to be used twice. See Melissa's posting on this, where she confirms that it can be used twice in the original German version of the game, hence the wording on the English card is a translation error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do both editions of Agricola need correct cards? Or were the cards fixed in the 2nd edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.