Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
My wife and I are about half way through our first ever play through of BSG. We just got to the sleeper phase.

In the 2-player game, no-one is a Cylon. After the sleeper phase, there is a 2 in 3 chance that one of the players is a Cylon.

We both drew our loyalty cards and took some time to read them. Disturbingly, she took a little longer to read her card than I did to read mine.

I, of course, told her that she is a fracking toaster, to which she responded that I am a microwave (she's not a massive fan of the show).

In any case, I think the game is about to get very interesting... There is a good chance one of us us a Cylon.

robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Manning
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
designer
err... I like boardgames!?!
badge
D'oh! I bought overtext even though I have nothing interesting to say.
mbmbmbmbmb
Best subject line ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DrStoopid wrote:
In the 2-player game, no-one is a Cylon. After the sleeper phase, there is a 2 in 3 chance that one of the players is a Cylon.

That ratio is if all the resources are more than half full. If the humans have done poorly so far, there could be a lesser chance one is a Cylon.

But I had a similar experience with my wife in our 2-player game: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/387560

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, you have to do what is best for the fleet then. Out the airlock she goes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrStoopid wrote:
Disturbingly, she took a little longer to read her card than I did to read mine.

To help prevent things like this, its a good idea to go over the 4 possible cylon cards (brig/sickbay someone, damage BSG, reduce morale), and then make everyone read the cards for 15 or so seconds. Regardless of number of players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is from Venus, and i'm definitely from Mars
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Taylor
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
I don't know about your wife, but I am certain that my 3-year old son is a Cylon. We often play family games in teams to help my 5 year old accept a win/loss more easily. Whoever is on the 3 year old's team always loses with him. Not only does he never help to get a win, he's often distracting his team mates by walking away from the table to sing a song, or he drops pieces, begs for snack, or manipulates game bits in some kind of weird Cylon voodoo ritual (to the untrained eye, it looks like creative play, but we know better.) And then he smiles and laughs, not in a bwa-ha-ha way, but still, it makes you wonder. He's awfully cute though. But he's a CYLON!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:
Unfortunately, you have to do what is best for the fleet then. Out the airlock she goes!
Are you sure we can trust him? He never actually said that he wasn't a Cylon.

What's even more suspicious is that he doesn't have a last name listed. What if it's "Doral"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Let's space them both. Only way to be sure... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mojo shivers
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
azuredarkness wrote:
Let's space them both. Only way to be sure... devil

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:
Are you sure we can trust him? He never actually said that he wasn't a Cylon.

What's even more suspicious is that he doesn't have a last name listed. What if it's "Doral"?

Good catch, I didn't say anything about my loyalty card.

Could it all be an elaborate plot by Admiral Thrace (me) gain President Roslin's (my wife's) trust before sabotaging Galactica?

We had to put the game on hold last night because my wife had to go to bed early. I guess we won't know the full story until we finish the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does she look like one of the known Cylon female model skinjobs?

6? Boomer?

The 'going to bed' is a known Cylon human male trapping mechanism. The game will never get finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Lundgren
Sweden
Göteborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I recommend the following t-shirt for your wife's birthday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
iorlas wrote:
I recommend the following t-shirt for your wife's birthday.

Forget her, I want it!

flapjackmachine wrote:
Does she look like one of the known Cylon female model skinjobs?

6? Boomer?

The 'going to bed' is a known Cylon human male trapping mechanism. The game will never get finished.

I dunno, you tell me. This is her:

Does she look like a Cylon to you? I can't tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrStoopid wrote:
I, of course, told her that she is a fracking toaster, to which she responded that I am a microwave (she's not a massive fan of the show).
This line made my day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenth Cylon

010000110111100101101100011011110110111000100000010010000110111101101101011001010111011101101111011100100110110001100100
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DrStoopid wrote:

/_____ is looking for Cylon wife.
\
Please send give her my contact info and ask her to hail, if interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.