Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Formula D» Forums » General

Subject: Best street racer? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a handful of races and I'd like to ask everyone's opinions on the street racers. So far, the ones I thought would be very good haven't actually been that great, while the ones I thought were so-so actually did rather well. (I guess this means they are well balanced )

Not all of them have been used; here's what I've found:

Catalina - used 3x, got 2 DNF and then won 1st place. Useful ability but I'm guessing that the Porsche name and her high tire WP make the players overconfident
-On her 3rd race she came in first. Tips: The high tire WP really help; keep an eye on her brake WP; and pick the right time for her power.

Li Tsu Sin - not bad, haven't used her power much as she had an obnoxious lead both times she was used (won the first time and ran out of road handling WP the second time)

Jenny - used once, still on the fence about her. Only useful if you're in more than one lap.

Diane - not bad. the extra body and road handling WP helped. Raced once and her power wasn't a big factor.

Temana - fairly good stats, nasty power on the street track.

Derek Manson - used 3 times, never collided with anyone the 4 body WP is great though

Montoya - his power can win the race if you time it just right.
-Used twice, performed reasonably well. High brakes and gearbox suggest you can go into corners hot, then skip gears going down.

Dimitri - used once, didn't do too well
-used a second time. You can ignore his power when planning your moves as it's luck based. Good body WP means he can try going for collisions.

Jack - used once. great power and great tire WP, brake WP so low it's scary.

Stanley - used once, his power is mostly luck based and you shouldn't rely on it. Don't skip down more than 1 gear and save your brakes.

Does anyone have any comments?

edit: update after another race, see underlined portions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updating after a handful of street races, some on Race City, others on older Formula De tracks.

I consistently use Catalina and have consistently rolled badly...Maybe I'm not using her power at the best time. I've never placed first while playing her.

Jack seems to be the favorite of our league's current leader, and I can't say I blame him.

Diane's power doesn't seem to have caused any particularly memorable wins...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.