Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Kolev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

I've been thinking in the last few years about a web-application which would make it easier to gather a group of people for some regular event. Initially I thought simply about beer, then bridge, now with my recent conversion from video to board games - of course, I'm thinking about boardgaming. The web page would allow the registered users to mark the spans of their free time during the week (or month, or whatever the period of the regular event is), and thus vote when should the event happen.
Being a programmer, I thought I could write such an application, but I know that the first thing to do before writing any new software is to check if it hasn't been written already (or at least if there's a base that can be stepped upon).

So my question is, does anyone know about a similar software?

If not, do you think something like this could be useful, or not worth the effort?
Naturally, it sounds too geeky to write such an app just for a regular visit with friends to the pub, but if I let my imagination I can see a lot of specific features which could be quite useful to a boardgaming group. E.g., people could select which games they would like to play and how many free hours they have, and based on that info and the length / number of players of the available games a plan for the session could be made beforehand. And some people could choose not to come if they don't like the plan. Then after the event has passed an account could be kept, e.g. what games were played, how long they took, who won, comments about the session, etc. In other words, a complete gaming group management app could be made...

Regards,
Ivan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't personally tried it, but it was in my FF bookmarks for future reference:
http://www.presdo.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dietrich
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://doodle.com/ I have used it, very simple, clean and usable. I also just found http://whenisgood.net/ (untried by me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm going to second Doodle. It's super easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
Greece
Marousi
Athens
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We use Doodle and we recently started a google group for discussions about games, rules etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kolev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, these sound good, I'll try them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.