Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Viau
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if such an animal exists? I'd like to purchase one.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Craig Viau wrote:
Does anyone know if such an animal exists? I'd like to purchase one.

Thanks

Do you mean play creating software? Or playbooks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lavoie
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Software, you say? You might try the Football Mogul series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if this might interest you, but I am involved in an American football MMORPG named Goal Line Blitz. Here's the blurb from the front page...

Goal Line Blitz is a web-based American Football MMORPG. We've written a custom football simulation engine to provide you with the ultimate football experience on the web.

Do you love fantasy football? Ever wished you could play with the pros? Join other football fans from around the world in building the player and team of your dreams, right here.

Player Management
* Create a custom player, at any position on the football field, and assign any name you want
* Train your player from the ground up to be the type of player you want
* Gain experience from playing games to improve your player's abilities
* Sign with teams from around the world and negotiate your contract
* Create custom signature equipment
* And much more!

Own a Team
* Manage every aspect of a football team
* Set ticket and concession prices
* Improve your stadium with new seats, sections, and amenities
* Sign, cut, and trade players
* Set game-by-game strategy
* Play to win the league championship
* And much more!

The game is free to play (although you can spend money to gain "flex points", the currency used to create additional players or teams). If you join up using the referral link below, I get a modest 50 flex point referral bonus.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=13221419

I have been playing it for almost a year now (I have seven players and act as a defensive coordinator for three teams) and it is a blast! Try it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve
United States
SE
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey that's looks pretty cool - signed up!

Now I'm a lowly Line Backer looking for a team..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Front Office Football??

http://www.solecismic.com/index.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wakemen
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
24 Hours of Lemons - Three Pedal Mafia
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EA Sports has NFL Head Coach. The '09 version isn't out yet, but the '08 version should be available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wake wrote:
EA Sports has NFL Head Coach. The '09 version isn't out yet, but the '08 version should be available.

NFL Head Coach 09 is out and has been since Aug 2008.Only available on 360 and PS3 I believe, but it was definitely not released on the PC.

NFL Head Coach 08 was/is available for the PC but stay clear of it. Rubbish!

edit: I should add that I have recently purchased the PS3 version of HC09 (it can be had very cheaply) and whilst still scratching the surface it is way way better than HC08.

Is it better than FOF (see earlier post)?, well that remains to be seen as they are different beasts. HC09 perhaps have less depth, but is "pretty". FOF is "text" only - but certainly has depth.

There are also other developers working on football projects (not clear when these might arrive). Here are two which are probably more interesting:

Bowl Bound Pro Football
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123

DDS: Pro Football
http://www.wolverinestudios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wakemen
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:
The Wake wrote:

NFL Head Coach 09 is out and has been since Aug 2008.Only available on 360 and PS3 I believe, but it was definitely not released on the PC.

NFL Head Coach 08 was/is available for the PC but stay clear of it. Rubbish!

edit: I should add that I have recently purchased the PS3 version of HC09 (it can be had very cheaply) and whilst still scratching the surface it is way way better than HC08.

Is it better than FOF (see earlier post)?, well that remains to be seen as they are different beasts. HC09 perhaps have less depth, but is "pretty". FOF is "text" only - but certainly has depth.

There are also other developers working on football projects (not clear when these might arrive). Here are two which are probably more interesting:

Bowl Bound Pro Football
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123

DDS: Pro Football
http://www.wolverinestudios.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

From the wording of the question I did not consider consoles. I still remember playing XOR's NFL challenge many years ago in CGA graphics. Then there was Front Page Sports Football once we got to VGA (it even had a play designer). Once the market moved became dominated by the arcade/Madden games I really lost interest. Perhaps it might be worth looking into this genre again for me. Thanks. Of course I don't have a PS3, the kids have a Wii, so it would be a PC version or nothing at my house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wake wrote:

Thanks. Of course I don't have a PS3, the kids have a Wii, so it would be a PC version or nothing at my house.

In which case definitely go for FOF, or if you can hold out wait for one of the two new ones being developed and see what they look like.

All I wanted to say was stay well clear of HC08. Not worth your hard earned pennies...

Actually my bad here as well, as I assumed that the question was looking at pro football. Both FOF and Grey Dog have some nice college management games that are well worth a look.

Either way if you get into these say goodbye to many many hours of analysis and (good and bad) decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wakemen
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:

In which case definitely go for FOF, or if you can hold out wait for one of the two new ones being developed and see what they look like.

All I wanted to say was stay well clear of HC08. Not worth your hard earned pennies...

Actually my bad here as well, as I assumed that the question was looking at pro football. Both FOF and Grey Dog have some nice college management games that are well worth a look.

Either way if you get into these say goodbye to many many hours of analysis and (good and bad) decisions.

I have a project for the weekend. That is unless I get sucked back into Oblivion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.