Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- - - - -
Border Wars

You accomplish this objective if you have at least two fort and/or cities in provinces adjacent to a savage province (excluding your kingdom).
- - - - -

I'm finally getting around to setting this up to play a few turns to firm up the rules before trying to teach it.

I set up a two player game. The recommended two kingdoms to play with two players are Aquilonia and Turan.

With that set up, there are no savage provinces with more than one non-kingdom province adjacent to them.

Doesn't that mean this objective can't be completed in a two player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It don't think it says they both have to be next to be the same savage province. You could have one next to Ghulistan and one next to Pictish Wilderness. Furthermore you can get next to Tundra in two provinces, even though it is not in play. As I read it that would also count.

I can't check the actual card though because we have a game in progress and its somewhere in the pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's odd about that card is the "excluding your kingdom" bit. You can't build a fort or city in your kingdom, so the phrase is pointless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mantuanwar wrote:
It don't think it says they both have to be next to be the same savage province. You could have one next to Ghulistan and one next to Pictish Wilderness. Furthermore you can get next to Tundra in two provinces, even though it is not in play. As I read it that would also count.

I can't check the actual card though because we have a game in progress and its somewhere in the pile.

Oh yeah, you could march all the way across the board and get one next to both. Didn't think of that. It seems like it would be difficult though.

But I also think you're right that getting them next to Tundra should count too. That makes it easier. It gives Turan a big advantage in getting it done but they have an advantage at the start for that objective even with more players since their kingdom starts the closest to two different savage provinces anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.