Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Niezelski
United States
Seymour
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't look like I had to pay shipping or anything for it. Did I just sell my soul to WotC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
They had something like this before, I think it took longer than 6-8 weeks though.

Let me put it this way, when I got them in the mail I had forgotten signing up for them all together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
They had something like this before, I think it took longer than 6-8 weeks though.

Let me put it this way, when I got them in the mail I had forgotten signing up for them all together.

I signed up for their 'free' Star Wars figure, but never got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Simas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May want to add US Only to the title

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaJackel wrote:
May want to add US Only to the title

You must have missed that "If you are in Europe, click here" link:

"This offer is currently available in the following European markets: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd think about signing up, if the WotC site wasn't blocked here at work. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Burcham
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i forgot all about the starwars figures...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fantastic
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try it again but yeah, no SW figures for me either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Miczek
United States
Saratoga Springs
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
UndeadViking wrote:

I signed up for their 'free' Star Wars figure, but never got it.

Same here. I never got my Star Wars figure either...nor did my brother. I'd be surprised if I get anything from this other then junk mail. Oh well, I sign up anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get the Star Wars figures, but they did mail out the M:TG decks during the last promo so at least there's hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:

Whereas I never ever received mine. Same with that free Bicycle card deck offer a while back. I signed up, but got squat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Le
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
I'd think about signing up, if the WotC site wasn't blocked here at work. soblue

It's blocked at work for me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up for some free deck thing from them months ago, and nothing ever came. To be fair, I didn't pay anything, so it wasn't the frustration of waiting for a board game I'd paid or traded for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Brooks
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day..."
badge
Gnome dance is best dance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I never got my SW figures either. I think I did get my Bicycle deck after a while.

As for these decks, if they're roughly the one's I think they are and have seen at past Gen Con's, they're about 30-40 cards, single color, but pretty decently built.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tapani Murto
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea what kind of cards are these? Basic or Expert? I would rather want Basic cards so that I could play with my non-gamer friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never got my star wars figure, but got the free magic decks of the prior offer.

I figure I'm on a ton of WoTC mailing lists already, what is one more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may also want to add that Firefox has some issues with the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tapani Murto
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigD145 wrote:
You may also want to add that Firefox has some issues with the site.

I didn't have any...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
I signed up for some free deck thing from them months ago, and nothing ever came. To be fair, I didn't pay anything, so it wasn't the frustration of waiting for a board game I'd paid or traded for.

My free cards from the last offer did arrive several months ago. It was one of the five mini-decks they were also handing out at GenCon '08, but I have a hard time calling 40 cards a 'deck' as a typical, playable deck is 60. Nonetheless, it was free and they did send it. I usually end up getting those kinds of things to give away and I'm sure WotC has no problem with other players being introduced to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Nave
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm.. cant choose USA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adreeve wrote:
Osirus wrote:

My free cards from the last offer did arrive several months ago. It was one of the five mini-decks they were also handing out at GenCon '08, but I have a hard time calling 40 cards a 'deck' as a typical, playable deck is 60. Nonetheless, it was free and they did send it. I usually end up getting those kinds of things to give away and I'm sure WotC has no problem with other players being introduced to the game.

I'm with Osirus, I also didn't get mine, but it was a free offer and I just give my MtG stuff to adreeve anyways!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Y.
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll just have to try this again. Think I signed up for a free pack or something a while back and this just reminded me that I never got it. Dang.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Brooks
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day..."
badge
Gnome dance is best dance.
mbmbmbmbmb
adreeve wrote:
Osirus wrote:

To be fair, 40 card decks are the norm when drafting.

If these are the same or similar to the one's they handed out at Gen Con, they had a nice mix of basic and some more advanced kind of cards (nothing too difficult, though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TMJJS wrote:
adreeve wrote:
Osirus wrote:

I'm with Osirus, I also didn't get mine, but it was a free offer and I just give my MtG stuff to adreeve anyways!

I think you mean plan to give... I'm still waiting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.