Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Bende
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mb
From the FAQ:

Q: Who becomes Admiral if all human players are in the Brig?
A: The character in the Brig who is highest in the line of
succession.

My question is, what happens when someone other than the admiral later is released from the brig? We could not find a rule which says that character should then become Admiral.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that the first human to get out of the brig becomes the admiral.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My take is that the player released from the brig should immediately become Admiral, based on a reply from Corey on a related question see here.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3091879#3091879

I notice that not everyone agrees and indeed there have been a couple of further posts in this thread since arguing about the point.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3231757#3231757

EDIT: I have just submitted this as a Rules Question at the FFG site. I notice it has also been raised in the Forum there and not clarified as yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark sellmeyer
United States
st louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
baring the president having a quorum card that can automatically release someone, it's pretty much over for the humans at that point. If all the players can only play one card on brig checks, the door should stay locked unless you get a miraculous destiny pull. We had this happen once with 3 humans in the brig and 2 cylons out, and ended up calling it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
My take is that the player released from the brig should immediately become Admiral, based on a reply from Corey on a related question see here.

I notice that not everyone agrees and indeed there have been a couple of further posts in this thread since arguing about the point.

EDIT: I have just submitted this as a Rules Question at the FFG site. I notice it has also been raised in the Forum there and not clarified as yet.

I submitted a question a couple of days ago as well.

I realize it makes sense that first one out becomes Admiral but the rules also say titles don't automatically transfer back to other players unless triggered by an event.

Corey's answer could be taken one of two ways but doesn't close the door definitively on this particular issue. So it is best to just wait for official confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
artmark wrote:
baring the president having a quorum card that can automatically release someone, it's pretty much over for the humans at that point. If all the players can only play one card on brig checks, the door should stay locked unless you get a miraculous destiny pull. We had this happen once with 3 humans in the brig and 2 cylons out, and ended up calling it.

i'd be curious to hear the official answer but i'd have to agree with mark on this one.

If all human players are in the brig, the game is over really..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
DaveD wrote:

I submitted a question a couple of days ago as well.

I realize it makes sense that first one out becomes Admiral but the rules also say titles don't automatically transfer back to other players unless triggered by an event.

Corey's answer could be taken one of two ways but doesn't close the door definitively on this particular issue. So it is best to just wait for official confirmation.

You should receive an earlier reply than me then, it will be interesting to see that answer. I am quite prepared to be proved wrong as I have been sure I was right about things in the past and not been, but in this case I don't see any possible confusion in the answer to my previous question. I asked

Quote:
Is it true that the only time the Admiral can be in the brig, is when all the other humans are also in the brig?

which does not seem open to much interpretation, and received the answer

Quote:
Yes. The only time the admiral can be in the brig is when all humans are in the brig. In this circumstance, the Admiral Title is given to
the player in the brig who is highest in the line of succession.

I hope that this answers your question!
-Corey Konieczka
Fantasy Flight Games
Design and Development

Regarding this

Quote:
the rules also say titles don't automatically transfer back to other players unless triggered by an event.

This is not really the situation in this case, we are not talking about the title being transferred back to a previous Admiral on his release, rather the transfer of the title to a possibly completely different character by stripping it from a currently brigged one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The question was asked about all players being in the brig, who is the admiral. The answer was then that this would be the only time the admiral could be in the brig.

The question did not address leaving the brig and so in this context does not answer the question. The itnerpretation could be read as "a player can only become admiral in the brig if all humans are in the brig."

As it stands, the FAQ answer gives an effect that transfers the title. If Starbuck is Admiral because she is the last human not in the brig but then gets thrown in the brig, she transfers the title to anyone else. So the game rules stand that the brig removes the title and the FAQ dictates what happens to the title.

There is no game rule that states what happens when a player leaves the brig while the Admiral remains. And this FAQ does not address this. All we have is the game rule that states titles do not automatically revert back to anyone when they escape the brig.

I am not interested in being right or wrong, I just want an official answer. As written, I do not see how a title can transfer back as this in violation of the rules and not addressed by the FAQ. So whoever gets Corey's answer first, just post it and we will happily play that way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
artmark wrote:

I am not convinced this is correct, although it is certainly a bad situation. Bear in mind the humans will be drawing their full quota of skill cards where the Cylons can only draw 2. Also the humans can XO each other giving themselves 2 attempts in a turn. Given that destiny will almost certainly be favourable at some point and that cards like Declare Emergency & Scientific Research can be brought into play as well as character abilities (eg Tom Zarek & William Adama). I can see that the humans would reasonably expect to be able to get someone out and once is one is out getting others out will be easier.

Also 3 humans to 2 cylons is almost worse case. In a 4 or 6 player game, you could be looking at 3 to 1 or 4 to 2, which makes things somewhat easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer from Corey (that was quick)

Quote:
If all players are in the brig, then the first player to leave the brig claims the Admiral title.

I hope this answers your question!
-Corey Konieczka
Fantasy Flight Games
Design and Development

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DaveD wrote:

Quote:
If all players are in the brig, then the first player to leave the brig claims the Admiral title.

-Corey Konieczka
Fantasy Flight Games
Design and Development

Yep, just got mine but I was at lunch.

So this ends it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:

Quote:

-Corey Konieczka
Fantasy Flight Games
Design and Development

..... which begs the question.....

Say Roslin (#10 in admiralship) was to be the first to get out of the brig, she'd be admiral. If William Adama got out of the brig after her, would he claim the admiralship, or would it stay with Roslin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomason
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course not. We've now left the "everybody's brigged" scenario and moved on to a normal scenario. A character leaving the brig does not automatically get a title back just because. Roslin got the title through the quirk, but she's not going to lose it to anyone unless an event triggers a normal title transfer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
DaveD wrote:

Quote:

-Corey Konieczka
Fantasy Flight Games
Design and Development

Say Roslin (#10 in admiralship) was to be the first to get out of the brig, she'd be admiral. If William Adama got out of the brig after her, would he claim the admiralship, or would it stay with Roslin?

If you want Adama to get the title back, you are going to have to toss Roslin in the brig again.

Titles do not automatically revert back to someone when they get out of the brig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was Adama, I just got out of the brig, and Roslin won't give me my title back, I'd throw her arse in the brig! Let's see who's admiral then! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
If I was Adama, I just got out of the brig, and Roslin won't give me my title back, I'd throw her arse in the brig! Let's see who's admiral then! devil

I think the Cylons would be loving this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Of course if you were the admiral, you wouldn't even be able to attempt that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:
Of course if you were the admiral, you wouldn't even be able to attempt that

Just impeach her and then use an arrest order on her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:

Quote:

-Corey Konieczka
Fantasy Flight Games
Design and Development

What a relief. This is how we had ruled it. I'm glad I'm not going to have to go back to the game group with a change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Lundgren
Sweden
Göteborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Great so now we know I should have been stripped of my title. I was the Admiral in the game that sparked Tobias question in this thread. *sulk* I liked my title.

It wasn't that a bad situation with all humans in the brig. Two revealed cylons and and four human players gave the humans a good chance on normal skill checks. Zarek made it a breeze to get out of the Brig once we selected to do so together with a Declare Emergency. We

We made a mistake not taking out the 33 ship and that was really the reason we didn't make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
DaveD wrote:

Quote:

-Corey Konieczka
Fantasy Flight Games
Design and Development

If you want Adama to get the title back, you are going to have to toss Roslin in the brig again.

Titles do not automatically revert back to someone when they get out of the brig.

We had a similar situation last night, Roslin got the admiral title when Adama revealed, as both remaining humans were in the brig, once Tyrol was relased, we reasoned that she could make him admiral if she wanted to.

If she didnt want to give it up, then fair enough, but we knew all revealed cylons at that point, so it was safe to give the title to a human.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
In this case she would not have a choice. Once the Chief got out of the Brig he must be given the Admiral title since he is the only human not in the Brig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
In this case she would not have a choice. Once the Chief got out of the Brig he must be given the Admiral title since he is the only human not in the Brig.

I thought the point in this particular case, was that Roslin was human and not in the brig, so she could not give the title to Chief.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
Mundane wrote:

I thought the point in this particular case, was that Roslin was human and not in the brig, so she could not give the title to Chief.

No, sounds like the last two humans were Roslin and Chief, both in the brig. So if Chief was first out, he would automatically be Admiral.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
DaveD wrote:
Mundane wrote:

No, sounds like the last two humans were Roslin and Chief, both in the brig. So if Chief was first out, he would automatically be Admiral.

But if that were the case, Chief would already be Admiral in the brig as he would be highest in the brig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.