Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this query but... I've just bought this game and have noticed that on the back of the blue suited cards, the green shading is slightly darker than the rest of the suits. Can anyone with a deck have a look at theirs? It's only a slight colour change so you'll have to look close.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I happened to have my deck in my card game bin next to my computer and I checked mine. I couldn't tell the two apart upon close inspection of a few cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm ... Interesting.

I have literally just opened a copy, so happened to have it sitting on my lap.

I took 5 cards from 5 different suits, including blue.

I shuffled them, and tried to pick the blue by staring at the backs.

I got the blue 3 times out of 4, and the time I missed the blue card was at one end, which made it tougher.

However, I don't think it would be noticeable in a game situation ... you really have to stare to get it right!

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there may indeed be a slight variation there, with blue suit being a little darker than some others, but possibly the browns being a little darker still. That's under artificial light, and maybe daylight would emphasise the difference. But as Nick says, too slight to notice during a game.

Must be a result of printing at different times. Maybe they print both sides of the sheets for face colour X before moving on to do both for colour Y?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm I feel a little better now knowing it's not only my deck. I'm in bed now but I'm sure I noticed a 3rd not so obvious shade variation on another suit as well.

I agree it probably won't affect play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
I never noticed it before but there is a slightly darker back on the blue, red and green cards than on the yellow, brown and purple ones. I've played the game several times and no one has picked up on this before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Stephenson
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I do not run and hide... I strategically maneuver.
mbmbmbmbmb
dbarree wrote:
I never noticed it before but there is a slightly darker back on the blue, red and green cards than on the yellow, brown and purple ones. I've played the game several times and no one has picked up on this before.

Mine are exactly the same. Now that you mention it, I can pick the blue, red and green out of a face down spread of cards every time. I would never have noticed it without this thread, though, and I don't think it will affect play. It could, I guess, if you're playing a game with a draw deck, and you think to check for that sort of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
KentuckyKid wrote:
It could, I guess, if you're playing a game with a draw deck, and you think to check for that sort of thing.

Even so, with a draw deck you can only see the top card.

I don't think you'd spot the differences unless you could put the cards side by side.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, here's the solution.

You guys all mail me your Sticheln decks with a stamped envelope for return. I will shuffle up each colour so that you all get a mix, and send back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One word, if it's indeed an issue for some (which it might, I know I would have a problem with it too, being the Geek that I am but I never noticed it with my copy) :

SLEEVES

Enough said
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Stephenson
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I do not run and hide... I strategically maneuver.
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
Even so, with a draw deck you can only see the top card.

I don't think you'd spot the differences unless you could put the cards side by side.

Right. I wouldn't ever try to look for it in a game, but I don't think I would be able to tell from only one card, anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, the yellow suit has the lightest back of them all. I was playing Lost Cities last night and found myself needing the blue suit which I could tell if one was top of the draw pile or not. This suit along with the yellow suit are easy to spot. I just could't help noticing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.