Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
was once a plant in a fruit plot
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday the bald eagle that lives in the area took flight. Majestic beast. I am still grateful that it did not poop on my head when I was in the hottub. Seriously, though, if you have not seen these wondrous creatures in flight, you owe to yourself.

The local hawks are also becoming more numerous. Our breeding pair's chicks should soon be ready for flight. I cannot wait.

There is once again a nest within our roof, as the birds trying to avoid the local falcons are hiding their babies within our enclosed gutters. They are sweet, and yet they poo all over the side of the house and one guess as to who gets to clean it up?

The crows walk the property. I think they own it, as they will be here long after we are gone.

Turkey vultures are scary things. Huge. My girlfriend calls them pteradactyls, and our cats might just agree.

The turkeys are once again out and about, and it is nice to see the Toms and their ladies walking and flying about.

Then there are the other varieties, and soon even our local hummingbirds will return.

I am an avian-phile. Birds rules. In my next life, dear gods, let me be born as one. A gyrfalcon, preferrably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Break it down old school.......really old school.
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is a little flighty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.D.W
United States
San Angelo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We too watch the bird world in our backyard. The squabbles, courting, babys, some tragedy, hunting and prey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! I too watch nature from my hot tub. I get birds, deer, mice, rabbits, raccoons, and coyotes in my back yard. I live in a highly-populated suburban area but there is a wooded area behind my house that is owned by a retirement facility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hendricks
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only birds that make their home in my neighborhood are pigeons... yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
Try to be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations.
mb
I'd love to see that bald eagle. We have hawks that hang out in some tall eucalyptus in our neighborhood. When they are there, usually about 5-6 of them, I can't stop watching them. They are absolutely huge and mesmorizing.

Here in Yorba Linda, we had some wildfires recently and since then my neighborhood is like Ace Ventura's apartment. We've got rats, raccoons, bunnies, hawks, vultures, cranes, and some dude named Jim. It's crazy around here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't get bald eagles out our way, they're more in the west. However, an interesting bit of trivia. The Bald Eagle is the National bird of the United States correct? yet there are more Bald Eagles in Canada then there are in the U.S.

Who-da-thunk-it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
The bald eagles are coming to my little neck of the 'burbs too. Looking to start a family, if the ravens will let them.

But it won't be spring until I see our local merlin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
CHA was my dump stat
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
There are quite a few hawks here in Boston, and I watched one peck at a squirrel high up in my neighbor's tree the other day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhhhhhhhh.......Florida.

We get our native birds: Mockingbirds, Blue-Jays, all types of waterfowl, eagles, hawks, egrets, PLUS winter visitors:

Cardinals, Tits, Orioles, Jays, etc.

Sometimes the egrets drop their food. We once found 1/2 fish in our back yard!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LEHaskell wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
Ahhhhhhhhhh.......Florida.

We get our native birds: Mockingbirds, Blue-Jays, all types of waterfowl, eagles, hawks, egrets, PLUS winter visitors:

Cardinals, Tits, Orioles, Jays, etc.

Sometimes the egrets drop their food. We once found 1/2 fish in our back yard!!

You left out the Northern Snow Birds.

Oops!! Yeah, they boost our economy here too!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see softcore bird pr0n has slipped into Chit Chat again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.