Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Roberts
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the time to play for the original is 3 hours, but the expansion has 1 1/2 hours listed. Is the 90 minutes in addition to the 3 hours, or is it much more streamlined in the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3h for base game hasn't happened so far (apart from rule-learning 1st game). 2h is pretty standard with just base. As for expansion, the scenarios (only tried scenario 6, but have looked at them) seem shorter than the base game ones and should play faster. You can easily set any time limit (or in this case Frag/Score limit) for DM and CTF, so those shouldn't take overly long (though CTF does seem to have it's problems, check the forums for threads).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skiznillz wrote:
I see the time to play for the original is 3 hours, but the expansion has 1 1/2 hours listed. Is the 90 minutes in addition to the 3 hours, or is it much more streamlined in the expansion?

AFAIK, both vanilla and expansion are of similar length, which is 2-3+ hours. Of course, this depending whether you count the set-up phase, pre-assembly, player's skill, AP and other stuff that can add up to the gameplay time. The expansion tweaks stuff a bit, but doesn't introduce any "streamlining" mechanisms.

1 and 1/2 hours or less is perhaps possible if you set-up everything in advance, rush it and than leave everything on the table.

Edit: spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Roberts
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the informative responsed. I saw an old copy of the expansion at my local game store. I will have to see they will give me a discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Norris

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello I was wondering about this game. I just purchased it off of FF's website, to bad I was to late for the expansion as well. I am probably going to pick it up anyway, but wanted to know how long the deathmatch and ctf played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.