victor yu
Malaysia
flag msg tools
hi guys i hav question
when fighting the old one
we have 3 people, and my combat check can roll six dices
if i lucky enaugh to success six dices
how many doom token would be remove?
1, 1 token, bcos after 3 success, the other success will remove and recount from zero
2, 2 token, bcos i did 3x2 success(six dices)
which is true?

thank you for answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play two, but i could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
The latter.

For every success, remove 1/(# players) tokens.

Just for clarification: with three players, and two successes, you would remove (1*2)/3 = 2/3 of a token. The next success will remove the token, as (2+1)/3 = 1 full token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
victor yu
Malaysia
flag msg tools
thousand thanks guys
now i know we could finish off the old one early

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
Gregaria wrote:
Just for clarification: with three players, and two successes, you would remove (1*2)/3 = 2/3 of a token. The next success will remove the token, as (2+1)/3 = 1 full token.

Question: are those two thirds of success kept in memory till the next combat round i.e., say, I have two investigators combating the GOO, one rolled 0 successes and the other one just one. With two characters I need two success to remove doom token, the question is, in the next round, if I, again, roll just one success (now, provided the not-full successes are stored between rounds, I have one full success) do I remove the doom token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. They extras hold over between rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
grouchysmurf wrote:
Gregaria wrote:

Question: are those two thirds of success kept in memory till the next combat round i.e., say, I have two investigators combating the GOO, one rolled 0 successes and the other one just one. With two characters I need two success to remove doom token, the question is, in the next round, if I, again, roll just one success (now, provided the not-full successes are stored between rounds, I have one full success) do I remove the doom token?

Yes successes are rolled over.

You need exactly X x Y successes where X = number of investigators in the game and Y = doom spaces on the GOO. (The exception being Cthulhu which can heal himself and thus needs more hits to defeat).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.