3 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » Variants

Subject: Is it possible as solo with this way? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Papadopoulos
msg tools
Hello.

I recently bought Battlelore. I used one of the variants posted here. When I play for a player, I choose and play the best card and I shuffle afterwards. When I go to the opponents turn I donot know the first player's cards since I haven't drew them. So the whole game goes like this and the result is pretty nice.

Can you do the same thing to Twilight Struggle? Are there things that prevent this variant and need a second player nevertheless?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schwarz
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, at a minimum you will need to follow the discard and reshuffling rules. Otherwise your run the risk of having an event occur more times than are possible with the regular game, or have a single time event used more than once. Also, you need to decide how you want to handle the China card.

I imagine it would play ok, but much of the actual strategy of this game is handle management, such as the order you play cards and which cards to hold/space race. That will all be gone with your variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.