Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Clarke
United States
Gig Harbor
WASHINGTON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How come we haven't seen a character expansion for Runebound? (i.e. a collection of a couple character miniatures and cards sold together).
It seems we've seen every other kind of expansion under the sun, but not just normal extra characters. Fantasy Flight isn't actually shy about expanding their games and something like this would seem to be a natural thing to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get new characters in the big box expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Who knows, maybe with the new promo characters they do something like this. Still, I'd rather by an expansion that comes with more characters, than to buy characters without an expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Gig Harbor
WASHINGTON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I can get more characters by buying a box of other stuff...I was just surprised they hadn't broken it up a little. I'd rather spend $10 on 5-6 new characters than $30 on a big box expansion (or more appropriately I'd rather have the additional option to have more characters separate from buying a big box). But that's just me...the thing that surprises me is that there are no character expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the additional characters are the main draw for the big box expansions. That's why I'm not surprised that they don't have separate expansions for them. It's also why I don't expect them to issue character only expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's the same with Arkham Horror. Or Descent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I created a system for creating your own custom characters. You could use any fantasy themed mini with them or use one of the many provided as a proxy!

You'll find the rules in the files section.

I'd love feedback too!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Gig Harbor
WASHINGTON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's fantastic.
I'll take a look and let you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.