Jesse Escobedo
United States
Rockville
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I've created a tutorial video for this game. A couple mistakes have been pointed out to me.
1) There is a single roll for battle casualties.
2) Retreats are to the closest friendly space.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey0qVgAL7co
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYs00AS14n8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Escobedo
United States
Rockville
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hishikawa
Belgium
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally someone did it!
Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jesse...I have been waiting for this!

Any chance we can get some more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Anderson
United States
Grantham
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank heavens. Very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
May the Great Spirit Bless all who read this.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the video. Can't believe you haven't gotten more views, as this game really is tricky for a newbie to get there head around without help. The video is very well done and you explain some of the basics very clearly. One further episode would have been perfect, just to cover areas such as naval movement and some of the other finer details. My 17 yr old son has just watched the video and we are gearing up for our first game shortly. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a generally good tutorial but it may have a few small errors:

1. Rome can still go first even without a campaign card if Carthage allows it, which they generally do, as letting your opponent go first means you go last (and the last card can't be countered until the next turn.) Of course, interrupt cards can play havoc with this line of thought.

2. Rome must pick a pro-consul, so two new generals don't automatically replace two old generals after an election. And they definitely don't after the first turn.

3. Pestilence only affects an army already besieging a city, so it couldn't have been used by Carthage to target Varo.

4. Varo intercepts on a roll of 1 through 4, not on a 1. It's his special ability.

5. You mentioned that "on turn 6 Scipio Africanus becomes the Roman pro-Consul." While, I admit, it's certainly a minor point, he becomes a Roman pro-consul as there already was one on the board and there will be two Roman pro-Consuls from turn 6 through 9.

Also, another minor point, I believe the northern Italy province is pronounced Galla CIS - ALP - E - N - Ah. (Gaul on the near side of the Alps)

But thanks for the effort. It makes a great teaching tool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great tutorial. You should add it to the "video" section for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jesse! Tipped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jesse, finally someone actually did it. We the newbies thank you! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Theiss
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
One small correction worth noting, and it is an essential rule that can easily be overlooked:

There is a political isolation phase at the end of each turn. At the end of video 1, Carthage would have lost its 3 PC markers in Massilia and Gallia Transalpinia because it cannot trace its PC markers back to a friendly CU, walled city, tribe, or port.

"Ports" being the cities with a ship/number next to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.