6 Posts

Vampire: Prince of the City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ilari Hakola
Finland
flag msg tools
1. Let's say that Player A dominates Library zone with 8 tokens and Players B and C join up both with 5 tokens (equals 10) to contest him and then win the challange. So who rules the zone when B and C won the contest but A has the most tokens in the zone?

2. When a player loses a zone does he also lose the prestige points he gained with it?

Thanks for the answers in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
ShadowKreator wrote:
1. Let's say that Player A dominates Library zone with 8 tokens and Players B and C join up both with 5 tokens (equals 10) to contest him and then win the challange. So who rules the zone when B and C won the contest but A has the most tokens in the zone?

Depends on who is the contender. If, say, player B is the contender with 5 influence and C is helping him out with 5 more influence and they win the contest then player B becomes the zone's controller. A's 8 influence remain on the board since they were already there (only bidden tokens are removed).

When C is lending help put his 5 tokens under B's 5 to create a 10 stack and simplify things - this is as if B would've bidden 10 influence by himself.

ShadowKreator wrote:
2. When a player loses a zone does he also lose the prestige points he gained with it?

Exactly. Only keep in mind that the Total Prestige (City Prestige + Personal Prestige) is not cumulative turn after turn, but rather is recounted and reset each Resolution Phase.

You may want to check out my player aid to help you out during the game. The rulebook is a pain to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilari Hakola
Finland
flag msg tools
Thanks for the help man! Gonna check out that guide too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Jensen
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are you shure that B becomes the controler of the zone. Then C can not backstab B and put in 9 tokens and take controle himself. I think A is still the controler of the zone becaus 8 is more them 5. And if B or C where to take the controle there influens would have to always "help" eatchother. If not C can just say, I wont help you no more and the controle would revert back to A.

The helping is in my opoinion onley for geting the influence on to the map (so you do not loos them by looing the struglle).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
Daje10 wrote:
Then C can not backstab B and put in 9 tokens and take controle himself.

Umm... what?

The solution is simple, really. Since it's B's turn and B is the contender, once C has agreed to help B, all 10 bidding tokens become B's. Thus, B is the new, sole, zone controller with 10 tokens versus A's 8.

Who betrays whom, and when, is irrelevant to the case in point since Ilari only asked who would be the zone controller between B and C after the contest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daje10 wrote:
Are you shure that B becomes the controler of the zone. Then C can not backstab B and put in 9 tokens and take controle himself. I think A is still the controler of the zone becaus 8 is more them 5. And if B or C where to take the controle there influens would have to always "help" eatchother. If not C can just say, I wont help you no more and the controle would revert back to A.

The helping is in my opoinion onley for geting the influence on to the map (so you do not loos them by looing the struglle).

I agree with you: A is still the controller with 8 tokens. The point is only if B+C won the challenge: if yes they put down their tokens (and the 8 ones of A still stay there because they were already there), if no B & C simply lose their tokens. The controller is only the one with more own tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.