Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Flynn
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone give a hint at how much my collection of Talisman games may be worth. Would I get more money selling them individualy or as a collection. All are boxed and in good condition. Also included are extra cards that were sold off as surplus goods in the GW stores when they stopped printing the game, these cards are essentially duplicates from the core game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McLaughlin
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Talk
badge
Words
mbmbmbmbmb
Eight bucks, but I'll give you ten cause' you got an honest face.

Wadda ya say?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a game that is very condition-sensitive. Also, there is a very visible online vendor that sells Talisman components at quite high (over-valued?) prices. You'll certainly earn more selling each individually; putting the extra cards in the base set would improve its value. It just comes down to whether or not you want to go through the hassle of multiple sales/auctions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric M. Aldrich I
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second what J.L. said.

Also, if you're going to split it up, split out the extra cards into their own lots for each game. You'd be surprised how much you get for the spare sets of cards.

Finally, remember the most valuable items as far as selling the expansions are concerned are the boxes. So many Talisman expansions are sold without boxes that ones with them carry quite a premium with collectors. Do not throw these out thinking no one will care because they can all be fit in the main set.

And if you have Talisman "Expansion" with the poster and the ad inserts, I'm interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
ealdrich wrote:

And if you have Talisman "Expansion" with the poster and the ad inserts, I'm interested

Eric, didn't you just get one of those last month?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric M. Aldrich I
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the last thing I picked up Talisman related was Talisman Adventure in the shrink at Gateway 2008 (this was the last set where I needed the box).

The only thing I'm missing to complete my 2nd ed Talisman set is the poster and ad inserts from Talisman "Expansion". Hence the interest.

Ah, the life of a collector! Hope we were helpful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.