Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Katsoufis
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
Do you seriously believe that BGG ratings matter that much?
mbmbmbmbmb
Apart from the rules, will an only-English speaking player have problem understanding the German edition of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the Bullet, but as far as I know they replaced every card that had the rulebook icon with a card where the rules are printed at the cards them self. So for all these cards you will have a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Abacus Spiele version and almost all the standard cards use simple icons, the few that don't could easily be learned. However the rule-changing add-on cards (Fistful of Cards and Dodge City if memory serves right) are printed in German (their rules are a little more complex than the base game). Moreover, all character special abilities are printed in German on the cards, role cards are text AND icon.

Without the characters, the game's far less interesting, though I suppose you could play without special powers, most other cards of the base game and the first add-on are language independent, the other two add-ons are completely language dependent.

So heh, it depends, if someone in the group can read german, they could explain each characters abilities to their respective players (Characters are not hidden information, only roles) and the base game would be reasonably playable, you could forget about 2 of the add-ons however...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.